Small business website required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I need a small business website put together, only a few pages and even a smaller store (less than 10 items).

Would need it to display nicely on various platforms, including iPhone / iPad, etc.

Corp ID (logo, typeface, branding) already in place.

Domain is registered with 1&1, but can be moved, if essential.

:cool:

for a simple website, have you considered using free website template like Wix or Go Daddy etc? They are so simple to use even my nan could create a simple business website. It saves you money asking a designer to do it and get charged every time you want something added/deleted/changed.

I am aware there are downsides such as poor google listing etc but it's free!

Yes, the business hosting package with 1&1 comes with a free app, I'll give it a try, but thought I make some enquiries, in case it comes up horrible ... The SEO is also important, yes.

ph47mf said:
for a simple website, have you considered using free website template like Wix or Go Daddy etc? They are so simple to use even my nan could create a simple business website. It saves you money asking a designer to do it and get charged every time you want something added/deleted/changed. I am aware there are downsides such as poor google listing etc but it's free!

I used Wix to create my wife's website. (www.tuya.co.uk) It worked out quite well and appears on the first page of Google, so the SEO must be OK. Although I don't rely on SEO alone, also adding the site to as many free places as possible because links are among the best ways to get high ranking. I was also careful with the words used on each page for better ranking. All the search engines are fussy about this. (BTW, I paid the small extra to upgrade to premium and remove the adverts that are there on all the free versions; made the site look far more professional IMO.)

Very inspiring, chaps! I shall certainly give it a try.
I believe the package in question includes WordPress, and there are no ads, so that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom