Small Ding On Rear Door

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RussellS

Car
C220d AMG Line Premium Estate
Hi, I'm just after some opinions on this to help me make my mind up.

Last week while parked in a pub/hotel car park someone obviously opened their car door onto my car quite hard and dinged my rear door. There is a deep scratch accompanied by a small dent. I am in the process of getting some quotes to get it fixed from both mobile smart repairers (ChipsAway, Revive etc) and also from a local crash repair center which I will be visiting today to have it looked at.

However, when I bought the car used last year from a main dealer, as part of the deal they applied the Autoglym Lifeshine system to the car. Now in order to maintain the lifetime Lifeshine warranty any repair has to have the Lifeshine re-applied by the Autoglym approved repairer. This would basically mean getting the repair done at the Mercedes main dealer.

Basically, what I'm after opinions on is whether the Lifeshine lifetime guarantee is worth maintaining which would cost a lot more for the repair or just get the repair done and then either re-apply the Lifeshine product myself to the repaired area or just not bother and just polish/wax the car.

IMG_20200803_153657.jpgIMG_20200803_153747.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom