Small engined small car wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GRAV888

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 CLA 180 AMG in Black (mine) 2018 GLA 200 SE in Black (wifes)
As the title says, I'm after a small (1.1 ish) engined car for my daughter.
She has been having driving lessons for a couple of months now and sat and passed her theory test yesterday.
As it is going to be used to aid her driving experience, we have set a budget of £500.
When she passes her actual test, she can have something a bit better.
Anyone got something tucked away?

Don't waste the five hundred, keep it and put it towards the something better when she passes, whats she want acar for anyway before she can legally go out on her own? may as well stick to the lessons she will get the bad habits soon enough

I presume Grame means a car to take her upto and through her test for a few months. Ie - gain a little real experience once she's passed too?

Will

Punto? not sure how reliable/safe they are but i knew a few friends who had them in my uni days as runarounds.

If you can up the budget a bit, get a Mini. Cool enough for daughter's cred, and at £750-£1000, you won't lose on it.

PJ

whats she want acar for anyway before she can legally go out on her own? may as well stick to the lessons she will get the bad habits soon enough

The additional practice before the test is invaluable. As long as whoever is sitting with her follows the same rules the instructor is setting then she won't develop any bad habits.

A neighbour asked me if I knew any one that would be interested in her 306 as she has a new car and can't be bothered with the hassle of selling, plus has no idea what it's worth. It's a 1996 1.9 D group 4 insurance, I reckon she wants £300 for it... Any good? PM me if it is and I’ll send you more info.

Sounds like a cracking car Ady. Only thing to watch I'd say is that is for a learner driver clutch biting between a diesel and a petrol can seem quite different. Mind for a learner swapping between any two cars can be tricky and the trick is say in the last week prior to the test only to drive the test car.

Yeah I guess it depends on what she is used too, my leaner car was a diesel Lupo. I'm going to have a look at this car later she would like me to tell her what it's worth the MOT is due in a month which is another reason she wants rid although she has no idea what it needs I don't think there is anything wrong with it...

Cheers Ady, but I have got her one now.
I might still be interested in it though for when she passes her test, but at the moment, I think a 1.9, albeit a diesel, is too big for her.

I would look out for a Nissan micra with power steering - the best for taking tests, especially for young girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom