Small petrol manual car. (Corsa, Polo, Yaris etc).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SG1

Car
Anything Mercedes
This will be a first car for a girl. The criteria is:
  • Small hatchback
  • Petrol engine (1.2, 1.4 etc)
  • Manual gearbox
  • 11 Reg or newer
  • Maximum of £5k budget
  • Good condition
  • Sensible mileage
Let me know if anyone has or is thinking of selling anything before I trawl through the usual sites!

Thanks in advance!

Well I went through this with my grandaughter,the winner for us was the Skoda Citigo,a superb little car,the 3 cylinder 1.0 engine is the same as the VW Up and is fine on motorways,but of course has spent most of it's time doing local trips,look for one with the Sat Nav,she has the met dark blue one with alloy wheels,it has been trouble free,the are priced between £3500-£5000 so in your price bracket,also cheap insurance,well what goes for youngsters cheap insurance.I would go for the 4 door version like hers.

Well I went through this with my grandaughter,the winner for us was the Skoda Citigo,a superb little car,the 3 cylinder 1.0 engine is the same as the VW Up and is fine on motorways,but of course has spent most of it's time doing local trips,look for one with the Sat Nav,she has the met dark blue one with alloy wheels,it has been trouble free,the are priced between £3500-£5000 so in your price bracket,also cheap insurance,well what goes for youngsters cheap insurance.I would go for the 4 door version like hers.

Thanks for the info and advice. I think we have decided on a Polo, we are taking a look tomorrow so hopefully the car is as it looks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom