Small plastic bumper connecter part - can anyone identify it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CClassChris

Car
Mercedes C250 Coupe
Hey all, was wondering fi anyone could help me identify this small plastic part that is underneath the bumper. It seems to be holding the bumper up to the bodywork via and clip and connector - one side has gone missing (probably hit a kerb too hard or something) and is now drooping down on one side. I've attached a few pics to better illustrate where on the car it is and the part thats missing.

I can seem to find the small bumper clips online but not what this other plastic part is called, anyone know?

Cheers

Attachments

• fixed side.jpg
    fixed side.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Mercedes-C-Klasse-C204-W204-BBS-CH-R-Tuning-3.jpg
    Mercedes-C-Klasse-C204-W204-BBS-CH-R-Tuning-3.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 24
  • scraping side.jpg
    scraping side.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 21
  • thumbnail_IMG_4789.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4789.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 23
I can't name it, but the image titled Scraping side looks like it needs one of those plastic butt plug things, usually most noticeable under the bonnet holding the insulation to the underside of it, also used to hold internal plastic panels in place in some cars, not much to go on, but hope it gets you started.

The nicely named butt plug is these
ps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-FOR-VOLVO-HONDA-SUBARU-BUMPER-FRONT-GRILL-TRIM-PANEL-RETAINER-CLIPS-/143396737037?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Thanks guys, interesting name! I think I also need a plastic black part that these butt plugs are holding in, if you see on the fixed side, there's a black plastic piece the bumper is clipping in to...any ideas?

Hey, if the plug fits, what can I say lol 😇🤣

I can't see clearly, but what you are looking for is a hole on the adjacent piece, if you can feel this there (bearing in mind one slip and your in the 💩), then you shouldn't need another part, but not knowing the exact positions\places I can't be certain, the plugs themselves have a 'plasterboard plug' kind of fixing, it squeezes up to go through both holes, then opens on the backside (No Butt's here lol) of the panel it's fixing to, my best suggestion is to have a look for a tech manual that blows up the sections, that will give exploded diagrams that should help you be certain what you have and need, hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom