Small rust repair-side repeater hole

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc320sl

Car
merc 320sl
I HAVE A SMALL RUST BUBBLE WHERE THE SIDE REPEATER CLICKS IN ON THE FRONT WING OF MY SL320. I DO NOT WANT THE WING PAINTING COS ITS SILVER AND WILL NEVER MATCH UP RIGHT. THE RUST IS APPROX 3 MM BEYOND WHAT THE REPEATER COVERS. I WANT TO REPAIR THE RUST THEN GET SOME LARGER SIDE REPEATERS TO COVER THE COLOUR DIFFERENCE. WHERE CAN I GET CUSTOM SIDE REPEATERS OR ARE THERE SLIGHTLY LARGER ONES ON OTHER MERC MODELS THAT WILL SLOT IN PLEASE?:thumb:

I HAVE A SMALL RUST BUBBLE WHERE THE SIDE REPEATER CLICKS IN ON THE FRONT WING OF MY SL320. I DO NOT WANT THE WING PAINTING COS ITS SILVER AND WILL NEVER MATCH UP RIGHT. THE RUST IS APPROX 3 MM BEYOND WHAT THE REPEATER COVERS. I WANT TO REPAIR THE RUST THEN GET SOME LARGER SIDE REPEATERS TO COVER THE COLOUR DIFFERENCE. WHERE CAN I GET CUSTOM SIDE REPEATERS OR ARE THERE SLIGHTLY LARGER ONES ON OTHER MERC MODELS THAT WILL SLOT IN PLEASE?:thumb:

Chips Away could do the repair and you could use the original repeater:bannana: and please 'DO NOT SHOUT' :D

Chips Away could do the repair and you could use the original repeater:bannana: and please 'DO NOT SHOUT' :D

i agree a chips away type place would be your best bet.

alternativly you could look at chrome surrounds but prepared to be called Barry

dont bodge it by hiding it - all that will happen is that the rust will creep further and beyond the new bigger light (if there is such a thing?). Best bet is to fix it yourself; remove the light, remove the flaking paint carefully, rub down with coarse emery paper then fine wet and dry, then apply Kurust rust remover (wont fix it forever but will hold it back) then prime and paint. If it is as small as 3mm then brush it in dont try and spray it.

Can you get wing sized indicator repeaters on the bay?

I know they have turbine led ones :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom