Smart car - AMG Beater ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No .....

I was searching 'AMG' on Ebay and up it popped ;)

I just don't get the whole Smart car tuning thing.

Also the seller needs a few basic lessons in photography :)

Ho Ho Ho !

Never having seen inside a smart car, looks to me like the dash is either in bits or unfinished, or is that how they are meant to be.

Lynall

Blimey, I didn't spot that. It must be on it's 3rd or 4th engine by now!

I bought my wifes 2003 Smart Fortwo last year with 39k for £3k.......this heap has to be worth <£2k.

Never having seen inside a smart car, looks to me like the dash is either in bits or unfinished, or is that how they are meant to be.

That's how they are......a kind of modular design aka cheap and chearful :)

As you may or may not know I also do Smart's.

A tuned Smart has a very low engine life. As standard the engine only last about 70,000 miles.

At 100,000 miles I suspect it has had a new engine.

Since opening I have done 5 Smart engine re-builds.

This car on ebay is a prime example of a Smart that is going to last 5 mins.

I really like the whole Smart idea and came so close to buying one, but the reliability questions made me come to my senses and get an Aygo.

Anyone remember when you got a free Brabus Start car when you bought a £180k Brabus CL/SL?

Last edited:
100K but you know its ok its a Mercedes....???

Well yes sort of but its a lawnmower engine and surely not designed for that sort of millage especially if tunned up.

Have to say the Wifes mothers Brabus is quick and fun probably feels quick as its a shoe.

SSL21725.jpg

Olly. I know it's new to the UK, but do you have any feel for the longevity of the diesel SMART?

CDi fortwo's are FAB! There is one in France with over 200,000 miles on the clock that's not needed any major work.

The engine in the new one is pretty much the same as the old one, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Kate

Do you know what the real world mpg is for the diesel? Parkers Guide give 85mpg. I'm hearing that the 2007 Smart petrol is giving less than the claimed mpg figures......but maybe Smart drivers drive more enthusiastically than most.

I thought it was only the new Smart petrol engine that was a Mitsi?

Surely anyone buying this Smart should reckon on an engine rebuild soon.

The cdi is a mb engine, petrol a mitsi.

I usually get 55mpg from my old petrol smart, we did a run from Norfolk to Somerset nose to tail in an old petrol and old cdi, the petrol one got 45mpg and the cdi 65mpg so I'd guess 75mpg from a cdi was a good ball park figure.

A lot of the issues with the new one is it's lack of 6th gear compared to the old model.

Kate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom