Smart car - CCTV parking enforcement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.saunders

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E300TD
I thought I'd post this here, as a) I've been quiet for a few weeks, and b) it's sort of MB-related, albeit a Smart car.

The tiny car with a BIG job - Latest Travel - Peterborough Evening Telegraph

Have to say, I'm not going to comment on the virtues of the enforcement 'model', but this was a project I managed from sourcing through to go-live.

What I will say however, is that the Smart car is horrible. I drove it from Peterborough to Frome to be kitted out by the hardware engineers.

Never again will I drive one :crazy: I thought the days of being pushed around by cross-winds on motorways were long gone! How foolish was I?! Luckily, I didn't get to drive it back to Peterborough once kitted out.

I have since left the authority, to pursue other areas of work :thumb:

Have to say, I'm not going to comment on the virtues of the enforcement 'model', but this was a project I managed from sourcing through to go-live.

Now we know who to blame.

Consider your card well and truly marked...

I was thinking how you had created a a career limiting thread - then I read the last line.

Since it came into force on October 27, the vehicle has issued and processed 1,453 fines – raising a total of £24,388.10.

The fine is £70, but if it is paid within 21 days it drops to £35. If it is paid after 28 days the fine rises to £105.

So are most fines going unpaid, as the numbers don't stack up?

1453 fines @ £35 = £50855

I think at the time of the article(s) the income hadn't caught up with what had been issued. Many PCNs are challenged of course, but in general as the system itself is postal it takes some time for the paperwork to flow through from council - DVLA - council - keeper - council etc

Wrong is wrong though.

This guy from the comments section has it right (IMO of course).

"here we go again with that same old chestnut (i was only there for a minute officer) when I pick up my wife she meets me in a legal place so I dont get a ticket, dont matter if you were in your car or in the toilet you shouldnt of been there you clown, no good crying now, you would have been better off tell theing the council that you have a old banger that needed a rest as you have just came all the way from gladstone street, muppet, stop moaning and park legally like the rest if us"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom