SMART end of the line?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Daimler and Geely Holding form global joint venture to develop smart | marsMediaSite
With the announcement of this China based joint venture it would appear Daimler are offshoring the Smart brand to China. Prior to the launch of new models from 2022 onwards, Daimler will continue to produce the current generation of smart vehicles in its Hambach plant France (smart EQ fortwo) and at Novo Mesto (Slovenia, smart EQ forfour). Jobs at the HAMBACH plant will be safeguarded by moving to production of a new Mercedes compact EQ electric vehicle. I assume the Novo Mesto plant will continue to produce the Renault Twingo equivalent of the Smart For4 ??

I always thought they were shite tbf. quite a few years ago i had a LHD cabrio company supplied awaiting my co car just for 2 weeks .. thing nearly had me killed at every roundabout and a gust of wind on the A406 and your driving like your pi$$ed.

Oh imo one of the ugliest things you could call a car.

I always thought they were shite tbf. quite a few years ago i had a LHD cabrio company supplied awaiting my co car just for 2 weeks .. thing nearly had me killed at every roundabout and a gust of wind on the A406 and your driving like your pi$$ed.

Oh imo one of the ugliest things you could call a car.

We have a 2014 451 Brabus
I'm not sure how you approach roundabout's !! ? I have had no problems :) I agree the new Smarts are not the greatest looking car

We also bought a new Smart cabriolet ( previous model ), great living in Jersey, not so good when moved to Wales. Still we got used to driving it and thought it was not too bad except for depreciation! P/X it for a 04 plate RAV4 ( which is brilliant ) and got £4000 for it with only 4100 miles on the clock ! WBAC quoted even less! Suspect it will be cheaper per mile to run our new SLK55

This was back in 2000 so I guess they may have improved the God lawful semi auto gearboxes they had.

I approach roundabouts always as fast as possible normally into 3 figures.

The new Twingo hasn’t sold particularly well, so I believe the current joint venture has been axed. Geely is already a major shareholder in Daimler and with electric focused brands like Volvo, Polestart, Lynk & Co under their belt, this buyout makes more sense to me. Smart is going all electric from later on this year already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom