Smart ForFour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Not sure how many of you made it to the Canary Wharf Motor Expo last week.....?

There was a production ForFour there to climb over, through under and around, which I was interested in taking a look at. The car is apparently the same chassis as the upcoming Mitusbishi Colt, and on first impressions looks like a resonable size...... UNTIL!

My mate (5'10") and I (6') sat in the front seats and adjusted them to be rather comfortable in order to examine the rear legroom. Only one problem - there was none. Maybe someone had forgotten it?

There was literally one inch on my side, and little more than 2 for the other. How on earth are you supposed to get a human leg in that sort of gap?

Next step was to put two humans in the back and see how much room there was in the front. Again, someone had made off with all of the room - stolen, never to be seen again.

I realise that this car is no MPV, and that I am no midget, but this seems to be the first smart car that requires the people to be small. I've always found the ForTwo to be very, very roomy and the roadsters are great.

Me thinks smart have got this wrong. Also the dash is devoid of any personality whatsoever! Many coffins are more like the interior of a car.

I hereby propose that this new addition to the range be called ForFourMidgets from this point forward! ;-)

scotth_uk said:
I've always found the ForTwo to be very, very roomy and the roadsters are great.
The ForTwo is a very special car designed from the ground-up to meet certain requirements and I believe makes very little money for D-C, it is a loss-leader almost. The ForFour is a compromise and is similar to the ForTwo in looks only, totally different car sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom