Smart ForTwo Production line 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
OK its the motoring forum equivalent of the Potter's Wheel but makes a change from "my engine's just dropped out in the road has this happened to anybody else?" threads. ;) As an owner watching this my only thought would be - please God let nothing happen to the engine and gearbox!
[YOUTUBE HD]JmWWMRtzZNA[/YOUTUBE HD]

Easy when you know how! As someone who knows nothing about engineering, what fascinates me even more is the work that goes into manufacturing a production plant such as this, and the precision in every dimension of how the robots etc operate - just mind blowing!

I don't know what the uptake of the new model, the 452, is like, but as an owner of the 451, its predecessor, I can't see myself (actually, the mrs - I asked her since, she uses it) wanting to change it for one, as it has lost all of the quirkiness that was so endearing, and has physically placed itself into a bigger car bracket, thus losing its niche.

[/QUOTE]I don't know what the uptake of the new model, the 452, is like, but as an owner of the 451, its predecessor, I can't see myself (actually, the mrs - I asked her since, she uses it) wanting to change it for one, as it has lost all of the quirkiness that was so endearing, and has physically placed itself into a bigger car bracket, thus losing its niche.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you entirely. I would not change ours either. Same goes for the Mini. It's lost it's cuteness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom