Smart looking plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vito113

Car
One that's too slow…
Reading through the latest copy of Mercedes Enthusiast came across an ad for a company called Eutags who do the original German plates frames, and german styles plates. The plates frames would look very nice on the back of a merc, check them out at www.eutags.com

ANdy

Last edited:
vito113 said:
Sorry m'lud!
Heh, the plates look nice though don't they? I'm sure if they're made up as you're supposed to then they're 100% legal, only if you mess around with the letters or put the little stickers in the middle they become "for show use only". :rolleyes:

They certainly do look the business!

Shude said:
Heh, the plates look nice though don't they? I'm sure if they're made up as you're supposed to then they're 100% legal, only if you mess around with the letters or put the little stickers in the middle they become "for show use only". :rolleyes:

They certainly do look the business! The surrounds looks very nice and finish off the rear of the car, I'll definately get one for the back.

But I would be a bit nervous about putting my reg on in German style numerals. Even with the correct spacing I expect The Boys in Blue would probably nick me for trying to confuse their beloved Gatso's.

Andy

vito113 said:
But I would be a bit nervous about putting my reg on in German style numerals. Even with the correct spacing I expect The Boys in Blue would probably nick me for trying to confuse their beloved Gatso's.
I honestly don't think you would have any problems, although I've not seen any dodgy plates about recently so maybe the police HAVE been more observant!

Mmm :)

Attachments

• clubplate.jpg
    clubplate.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 160
Any of our Constabulary members wish to comment?

Shude said:
I honestly don't think you would have any problems, although I've not seen any dodgy plates about recently so maybe the police HAVE been more observant!

Mmm :)

I know we have a few Police Officers on the forum, any advice/comments guys?

Andy

I like the look of the frames. Would standard UK plates fit in those frames or are they for EU plates only?

S.

Should do

Steve_Perry said:
I like the look of the frames. Would standard UK plates fit in those frames or are they for EU plates only?

S.

The standard UK number plate is 520mm long same as these europlates. Just popped out and looked at the wife's honda which has euro type plate holder and they are the same size as our UK plates. Best to check with them first before sending off the pennies.

Andy

Steve_Perry said:
Their standard plates are 520mm wide, I assume their plate holders are designed to carry those size plates. I just measured a licence plate and it's 520mm wide, so yes, normal plates would fit :) .

How about these for plates?
modules.php

modules.php

Funnily enough, the police aren't too keen on them. They keep asking what the velcro bits are for at the sides :D

Welsh Dan said:
How about these for plates?
modules.php

modules.php

Funnily enough, the police aren't too keen on them. They keep asking what the velcro bits are for at the sides :D
Heh, pre-facelift w202 with stock front and rear bumpers, C43 side skirts, facelift tail lamps, facelift wing repeaters, replica AMG rims and a grill with more chrome on that it needs!

Looks good though! :)

Thanks, alright for a temporary runaround :D
it has a chrome grill, one of the £20 ebay jobbies. I'll get a better pic when its dry, but for £20 you can't go wrong. I've got chrome mirrors too, and elegance door handles (when I figure out how to change the buggers, lol).
Just trying to sort out a set of AMG bumpers, but may opt for the MS Design front and rear splitters. Needs a shiny exhaust too

Last edited:
Welsh Dan said:
it has a chrome grill, one of the £20 ebay jobbies. I'll get a better pic when its dry, but for £20 you can't go wrong. I've got chrome mirrors too, and elegance door handles (when I figure out how to change the buggers, lol).
Just trying to sort out a set of AMG bumpers, but may opt for the MS Design front and rear splitters. Needs a shiny exhaust too
You like chrome stuff then? Not much of a fan of it myself, although it has it's place :) . The door handles aren't too tricky to swap, how did you get on with the front door handle end-pieces?

My cosuin bought a set of these plates from the same company (advertised in Auto Trader in Octopber last year to put on a new CLK Cabriolet. He found that 1.) the rear plate made a loud vibration/rattle noise when the boot was closed/slammed and 2.) he got pulled and had to do a producer (after producing all his documents on the spot... they decided to search his car and then let him go.... - from my cousin's experience the EU tag plates created unwanted attention from the police...

His now changed back to the standard Euro style UK plates...

Flash

It looks ok with the chrome bits on it. I'd like to think it doesn't look tacky as it is, but i'm not adding any more to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom