Smart Paint Repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Does anyone have any experience of these and how much do they cost?

The Espace has a few scratches that have gone below the colour coat near the Petrol Flap which are really the only marks on the car. It's letting the rest of it down, so debating on getting it sorted.

PS Nearly sold it today - just £250 off agreeing a price:doh:

Greatful as ever for any feedback

Regards

David

I had one done the other week £50 and he even fixed some scratches I never noticed

I had a smart repair done when I dinged my previous new SL350 rear bumper - great job, came to my office cost about 150 from memory - def cheaper than MB

Yo will probably have to get quotes as repairs do vary considerably.

But just remember... So does the quality of work.

I have seen very impressive repairs, and also repairs that were very bad. (dull finish, different colour, paint runs, air spits of paint etc)

Best to use someone who comes recommended, preferably by people you know to be very fussy themselves.

And remember.. Its not the company, its the person actually doing the repair that has to be good.

David

Smart Mobile Spraying of Rotherham, does all ours did 2/3 of back bumper on Subaru and charged £60 Phone No. 07957 242693.

David

Almost forgot there is another guy closer to you very good does a lot for Porsche

Trident Smart repairs call Malc 07788472376 bumper / body scuff £45

Ian

Wow - be careful, that sounds too cheap - £45 is trade price. ie regular income from the same trade client who is also not as critical over 100% perfection.

Most bodyshops would charge around £200 to paint a bumper so a smart repairer such as Chipsaway etc would "retail" around half that (£100).

Put it this way, how cheap is too cheap? I wouldn't let anyone paint my bumper for peanuts.... not unless i didn't give a monkeys about the finish.

Moot point - the car has been sold... - Thanks for the reply though.

David

Wow - be careful, that sounds too cheap .....
Well he's still going and did a good job on my motor. The problem with retail prices are hiked up about 450%. No kidding the so called body shops really rake it in. If someone like Chipsaway can do it at 1/2 the price of the big body shops .. well that says a lot.

The bloke at Trident Smart repairs doesn't rip people off with hiked prices. He does a good job for a fair price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom