Smart Roadster / Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guy

Car
Maserati Quattroporte : Brabus A200CDi D3 : E300TDT
With the launch of the smart roadster and smart roadster-coupé in April 2003 the segment of the compact and purist roadster is being revived, which has not existed in this form since the 50s and 60s of the last century. With an engine output of 60 kW and a weight of just 790 kilogrammes, at 13.2 kilogrammes per kilowatt (9.6 kg per bhp) the smart roadster offers a low power/weight ratio which has a positive effect on the handling.

The two 60 kW variants have identical acceleration and consumption figures. Both the smart roadster and the smart roadster-coupé accelerate from 0 - 100 km/h in 10.9 seconds and have a fuel consumption of 5.1 litres in SOFTOUCH mode (in accordance with the new European driving cycle). At just 4.9 litres in accordance with the new European driving cycle, the fuel consumption of the 45 kW version available from the middle of the year is even lower. This car accelerates from 0 - 100 km/h in 15.5 seconds.

SMR1.jpg

Link to full text

Link to loads of large hi-res press pics

Finally made my mind up and ordered one (RHD Roadster in Black).

index.php

Roll on september....

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Last edited:
They really are very nice little cars. The Canary Wharf demo car lives near me and I see it very frequently.

I sat in one at the Canary Wharf motor expo and it was difficult to get in and out of (if you are tall).

When I return to Australia eventually, I'll be investigating the Merc staff family discount on one of those little numbers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom