Smashed AMG's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogbreath

Car
2005 E55K AMG
Wow, just been having a look on Copart and there is 8 C63, 1 E55, 1 S63, 2 A45 AMG's :fail
Sad to see such lovely cars smashed to bits....

Unfortunately, AMG has become like a designer label in the U.K. ****ers as far as the country stretches for some reason all aspire to own one just for the badge and image. They're all over M4's, Jags and Audi's too. None of said ****ers know how to save the car when it bites back, therefore the worst happens.

I blame all of this "supercar spotting" ****, easy credit and ****y reality TV shows. All people want to do these days is to be seen as successful, regardless whether or not they work in a meat packing factory.

It is also scary how many cars are taking to Coparts for fires or what they call in the trade as thermal events.

So many cars fires are caused through mobile chargers setting the car on fire when they are left on.

Can't imagine losing my car due to leaving a charger plugged in, insurance obviously must be paying out for this? You would think they could get out of paying as it was caused by yourself.... ? May be totally wrong with this but just thinking out loud....

Hi Lee most of the cars i have seen it would be hard to tell if the charger was a after market one or not.
One thing is for sure i go out my way to buy compliance chargers that have been tested if that is for my car or my home.
Not sure if you would have a case if the insurance could prove you never used a compatible compliance charger rather than a Import that had not safety kite mark on it.

However it would be a interesting debate to listen in on.

Aren't the charger sockets dead as soon as the engine is stopped? That was my understanding..............but I've been wrong many times before:D

That was my first thinking Roger, switched live...? But also probably more than yourself I've been known to be wrong....lol

Hi Ian
Certainly makes you think twice about leaving owt plugged in. I don't use a charger in the Mercedes but do in my other cars. Only have my Aux cable permanently plugged in. Should that be ok?

That has me thinking now, will pull the Chargers out from the cigarette lighter connection. Peace of mind!

In my workvan, I can leave things on charge whilst I'm not in the vehicle. Handy feature but now worrying

Aren't the charger sockets dead as soon as the engine is stopped? That was my understanding..............but I've been wrong many times before:D

I think my Viseoo drains my battery if I leave it plugged in.

What does this viseeo thing do ? Phone connection thingymebob ? Does it replace the blue flashing thing in my armrest?

That blue flashing thing in your armrest probably is a Viseeo:D

Yes, its a bluetooth connection for phone calls only Lee.

This is on such a rise, Years ago when the E55/E63 W211 cars were big hitters in terms of power this was not as common.

I agree with Cozy the opportunity to own these powerful cars is so much easier also, A lot of attention on social media and not only that people cover themselves with things like GAP insurance. To most writing off a very expensive performance car would be detrimental i know for me it would be. However it seems these performance cars are disposable and on to the next big hitter e.g. M4. I have noticed the W204 is less on the road now as opposed to 6-7 months ago. I am seeing a huge rise in the M4 market really picking up now.

Does anyone know any breakers for C63? Mainly Derby and above to Newcastle, I live in Yorkshire so that its the furthest id travel.

Looking for saloon facelift cars for some spare parts.

My Viseeo is always plugged in and my battery will only hold up for around 5 days if unused:doh:
Does the viseeo not switch off with the ignition? Mine goes up to a week without being used so I may need to be taking it out.
As an aside does anyone find that their armrest flip tops are a very tight squeeze with either a viseeo or a nokia in place? Mine will close but its much tighter than I'd like.

Does the viseeo not switch off with the ignition? Mine goes up to a week without being used so I may need to be taking it out.
As an aside does anyone find that their armrest flip tops are a very tight squeeze with either a viseeo or a nokia in place? Mine will close but its much tighter than I'd like.

I always assumed the Viseeo unit switches off when the ignition is off. I'll have to check the lights aren't flashing before I start the car.

As for the armrest, mine isn't tight at all with the Viseeo in place.

Mine switches itself off after around a minute...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom