Smelly Air Con

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes a/c bombs were used in re-circ mode. 👍

There should be no engine vapour or oil smell entering the cabin, as there shouldn't be any emitted from the front of the engine. Do/could you have a turbo/air/fuel/pipe/seal leak somewhere under the engine bay that might need finding?

My CLK with the OM642 engine, seems to have a constant, not too unpleasant, 'oily leathery' smell inside the car. Car is not damp inside, all ventilation controls appear to work, A/C re-gassed, heating works, new cabin filter, and two aircon bombs used, but to no real effect. I'm wondering if engine fumes can be drawn into ventilation intake, or is there a better quality cabin filter available? Meanwhile I will check out the evaporator system as previously mentioned. Thanks

Maybe check the turbo oil seal and pcv valve for drippage . Check that the pcv valve is seated properly.

If you opt to use bomb deodoriser/sanitiser it should be done with the blower set to recirculate👍🏻

These bombs are not so good only last for a week or so then it's back to stinky cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom