Smiling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A

Ashley

My hosts have deleted my personal websites inculding databases by accident. Words fail me.

I really can not believe it Mark. I have put so much time into the site it's unreal.

really feel for you mate.

I do not want any mate, may go round and break nose that will cheer me up. The only PageRank update during it's short life and I got pr4 and did not buy a link or anything black hat just hard work. I was getting over 100 referrals day from search engines and I was really happy with where it was.

I can rebuild put all that content and members :( there not going to wait.

How Bloody Frustrating.. Dont they back up....Shoddy!
You did it on purpose really, as you know i was going to regain the lead tonight in the pool Challenge.:devil:

On another note would they compensate you for loss of earning if you were selling off the site??

Not nice I agree but after all the work you've done, frankly I am amased that you dont have a local copy to just FTP back up to the host address??

they where meant to take it as part of the deal but they deleted the account not files the hole bloody account. The files are the easy part it the content and membership from the database. It took 5 hours to admit I even have an account.

I need a new host any recommendations. 8 sites all together. I'm off to have a radox bath

Last edited by a moderator:
SEM said:
You did it on purpose really, as you know i was going to regain the lead tonight in the pool Challenge.:devil:
What you on about you, you where never beating that :devil:

SEM said:
On another note would they compensate you for loss of earning if you were selling off the site??
Wife's ranting on about that. She has just read all the T&Cs and done a letter on her letter head saying that we expect the site to be fully operational with 3 working days which is an act of goodwill since I paid for full back ups.

zooman said:
What you on about you, you where never beating that :devil:

I had a go last night to no avail (missus giving me gip to go to bed at 2am)

It's been a bl**dy Good challenge so far.. may it continue:)
The sooner yer site is fixed the better... at least i got two (ahem... blobs):p
and they were for telling rude jokes LOL

Just been on the phone the lad said off the record (yeah right) that someone had the task of deleting old accounts and they hit enter for mine by mistake.

It looks like I may be starting from scratch again.

A bit of good news they have recovered the database but files are gone for good.

123-reg.co.uk came reccomended by my brother (who runs the r&d bit of a massive multinational hosting and IT solutions company - but they only talk to you if you talk millions... :eek: like F1.com handbag.com etc )

andy_k said:
try these guys I've nothing but praise for them

Andy
They are in the US. I need a british host for british referrals, but cheers anyway Andy.
guydewdney said:
123-reg.co.uk came reccomended by my brother (who runs the r&d bit of a massive multinational hosting and IT solutions company - but they only talk to you if you talk millions... :eek: like F1.com handbag.com etc )
They do one for £80 a month that looks. OK on the short list (the only one at the moment). Trying to find the size of the MySQL database.

Speak to Chris Meakes [[email protected]]. Tel no 0870 760 5073We use them to host about 8 websites and the cost... £25 per month, with full FTP and MySql. We have been using their services for a number of years and have been extremely happy with them.

Tell him that I recommended you.

Bharat @HMA Creative

Speak to Maff ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom