Smoke Emmission

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

QUTSELL

Car
Mercedes C180
Smoke emission.So when going up hill black smoke,car tends to surge,foot down surge goes,but plenty of smoke behind,all filters have been changed,car still returns aprox 40MPG + on a run,thinking is MAP Sensor or the Air Flow Sensor.on the level road no problems.:doh:

Smoke emission.So when going up hill black smoke,car tends to surge,foot down surge goes,but plenty of smoke behind,all filters have been changed,car still returns aprox 40MPG + on a run,thinking is MAP Sensor or the Air Flow Sensor.on the level road no problems.:doh:

The best advice is to stop guessing and have a proper Star diagnosis carried out or you will just throw parts at it. This will prove to be cheaper and faster in getting the fault fixed.:thumb:

Run a dose of Forte Fuel Cleaner through the tank also helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq6UaUK7uNo

If you think its the MAF - how does it drive? normal or sluggish? If Sluggish take the connection off the MAF and retry - does it drive better? If so then I'd suspect you MAF..

Last edited:
Thanks Chaps for your helpful replys,it drives normal no problems, this black smoke only happened when pulling up a hill,it seems to surge,foot down black smoke,and I mean plenty of it,obviously powers up and away we go,other than that runs perfect,when bought a short time ago,all pulleys re`newed,as was the water pump,all of the pulleys worn out as was the pump,apart from this smoke perfect. EGR Valve was the first job,that had to be cleaned twice to clear the soot out it was thick thick Pat

Last edited:
Someone removed the dpf? - Any chance it's just blowing the soot out, or does it do this every time?

Surge every time going up up hill,or when accelerating hard,going for a Star check hopefully this week,as it is run local most of the time I just accepted the smoke,its when I run to daughters,half hour run its annoying. Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom