Smoking

Peter103

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 350 Bluetec Prem+Coupe.
Just a quick update.

Tomorrow will be 14 days of non smoking for both of us. We have found it quite easy using the Champix although I am only thing one of them a day instead of two because they give me the ****s in the morning.

We are £325 better off!!

Darrel that's £650 a month , or £7,800 a year, is that a lot of ciggies or are they just very expensive these days? Good luck with giving up. :thumb:

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
Stick at it Darrell. 12 years since I quit, best thing I ever did.

Cheers,

Gaz

paneraiseeker

I like to have a few every now and then, sometimes as much as 3 a day during the week. Not sure why but its only at work, none at weekends or in the evening.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!

It can be done. My uncle has two or three cigarettes, with his nightly dose of red wine. Never smokes apart from that.

Also, I used to know a guy that only smoked on a Friday night, back in the day when it was permitted in pubs and clubs.

D

Deleted member 6183

It can be done. My uncle has two or three cigarettes, with his nightly dose of red wine. Never smokes apart from that.

Also, I used to know a guy that only smoked on a Friday night, back in the day when it was permitted in pubs and clubs.

My Mrs does this.

E55BOF

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS 350 SB, SLK55, FJR1300, Caponord
Well, the guv'mint wants me to give up, and everything else the guv'mint wants is bad for me in one way or another, or costs me money, so damned if I'm going to. Like riding my bikes, really; certainly there's a risk, but you have to die of something, so it might as well be something you enjoy. If you never take risks, you may not live any longer, but it will SEEM much longer...

D

Deleted member 6183

I assume you still have a hankering to smoke Lewy?

My Mum's the same. She's 75, stopped 10 years ago but still craves it.

I don't desire a cigarette at all.

Wouldn't mind a spliff though.

OP
OP
Darrell

Darrell

Banned
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
GSXR 600, Volvo XC60, Dacia Duster, 911 C4S
Thanks for all the positive replies.

The next stage is to come off the Champix. I do envy people that can smoke 1 or 2 and then stop. One of my mates always smokes when we have a ski trip or a beer-up abroad. He will even bin a half full packet at the airport!!

Never, ever done the drug stuff.

The £325

AMGBlack

Car
E63S (Black)
Just did a little bit of number crunching and calculated this. (too much time on my hands)
(I have never smoked by the way)

I am currently 50.
From the age of 16, if I smoked 20 a day until now.

If that money was saved: (Don't you love Excel).

I calculated the price per packet at each Budget report (Yearly) from 1982.
Invested the money saved into the average savings account available at the time (that took some trawling).. Obviously compounded it up each year.

Then those savings would be worth
£368,636.32 in todays money..

After tax..

Blimey..

D

Deleted member 37751

I gave up smoking over six year ago and never missed it really, although I did only used to smoke ten a day maximum. Did it cold turkey too, was hard for about three-four days then the craving just went. Having said that, the hardest part was always after a meal, I always enjoyed a post meal cigarette.

Good luck in your endeavours, I do my absolute best to not be one of those pious ex-smokers, each to their own and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom