Smoking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a quick update.

Tomorrow will be 14 days of non smoking for both of us. We have found it quite easy using the Champix although I am only thing one of them a day instead of two because they give me the ****s in the morning.

We are £325 better off!!

Mrs Ringway and I smoked heavily until we both stopped on the same day around 30 years ago.

What a great invention KY Jelly is. :thumb:

Too much information Paul. :eek:

I've smoked for over 50 years. Dirty filthy habit but, unfortunately, I still enjoy it.

I have an MOT with the Doctor now every 12 months (it's an age thing) and they never suggest my stopping smoking, possibly cut down but don't stop instantly as it may do me more harm than good.

I know it's bad for me, I know people who have died as a direct result of it, but it's something I've always done and will do for a bit longer.

I originally started because everyone else did, so a form of peer pressure possibly, but I was on Park Drive at the age of 12, and have gone through all sorts of other brands since, usually the stronger ones. I currently smoke between 20 - 25 Marlboro Red a day. (Sorry Rashman if you're still here, I know you hate these, yet still do roll ups :crazy:) but it's something I do, and don't want to stop doing.

Oh, and yes, I have lost family members and friends (including my father) at early stages in their lives. My best mate died of cancer a few years ago at the age of 38, and never smoked in his life...

Folks,

Not going to be boring and tell you every 5 minutes, but today is 2 months.

Now is the festive season and after 2 company drink ups all is good.

used champix i was heavy duty pipe smoker took 2 months but gave up since 2011 not been back once u do it once u r back

it is a heart drug with side effect to kill cravening for necotine in the brain

and as they say it bloody works

Mrs Ringway and I smoked heavily until we both stopped on the same day around 30 years ago.

Always used Vaseline myself :O

Started smoking at school,
thought it was good to be in the smoking group.:fail
Packed in 33 years ago.

Smoked in my 20s, horrible cigarettes mostly from Marlboros in the early days, via B&H through to all the Silk Cut colours. In the end me and other half at the time, decided to knock smoking on the head together at the same time (kids and personal health, cost) and did it without patches etc. Nothing but will power, which is fine if you've not tried it, as the nicotine in your blood seems to drain away each day making the addiction diminish very quickly over time. Not smoked since and also can't stand the smell of it now! When we're out in a bar or restaurant having cigarette smoke waft over us is enough to make us move tables. For some reason pipe smoke smells good and isn't off-putting.

I had my last smoke on the day my dad died of a smoking related illness over 30 years ago. I vowed I would never smoke again and I haven't.

Top man Darrell. Now we know how you can afford a £350 set of knives for you mans Xmas box. :thumb:

I wonder how CLSMark is getting on? I prey for good news.

Well done Darren. It's a damn hard habit to kick but so worthwhile even for the cost alone, never mind your health.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can understand trying a cigarette behind the bike sheds at school, what I can't understand is having a second one.

Like millions of other schoolboys I had an illicit ciggy after school one day and I have never felt so ill since. My heartrate felt like about 500 bpm, I was dizzy, had hot and cold flushes, sweats, felt sick, the lot. It successfully put me off for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom