SMS offer on E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Anyone else received an amazing money off offer from MB via SMS?

This is it:

"Save £7310 on E Class from Mercedes-Benz at Milton Keynes. Limited availabilty, colours and spec. Take advantage of this never to be repeated offer now!"

Hmmm, sounds interesting!

that must be for an E63 with the 6.2 V8 instead of the new 5.5 bi turbo :)

Its strange, was in the $tealers and used 204s are still very dear, nearly new and used they are still very very expensive, in contrast a 212 is a much cheaper car.

It would appear, appearance, does make a huge part of a buyers mind. I'd have a 212 if I found the seats comfortable, but with a bad back I do not, shame, as it is really an excellent car otherwise.

Its strange, was in the $tealers and used 204s are still very dear, nearly new and used they are still very very expensive, in contrast a 212 is a much cheaper car.

It would appear, appearance, does make a huge part of a buyers mind. I'd have a 212 if I found the seats comfortable, but with a bad back I do not, shame, as it is really an excellent car otherwise.

W212 makes the W204 look attractive.

A friend bought a W204 last month. Wouldn't consider an E because he was convinced it would be a much bigger car.

Having had a go in his new W204 it drives very nicely - but the interior feels very unspecial - below mundane IMO.

I'd have a 212 if I found the seats comfortable, but with a bad back I do not, shame, as it is really an excellent car otherwise.

have you tried 1 with multi contour seats?

I've now owned a W204 and a W212 and they're both great cars.

I was intending to replace my W204 with the facelift model but the options packaging has changed in key areas meaning that I couldn't spec the car I really wanted so looked at the W212 instead. It's absolutely clear that the W212 E350CDI Avantgarde is the sweetspot of the range pricewise for the spec I wanted (essentially standard + COMAND). What was really interesting was that C250CDI similarly spec'd was only about £1k cheaper - which made the E look even more attractive.

Thinking back, there was a glut of W204's on the used market about 18-months - 2-years after it was introduced and used prices were somewhat depressed but have now recovered strongly. I wonder if a similar thing has happened with the W212?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom