SMS with Comfort phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul3408

Hi Every one

I have just got the car back from MB and they fixed the Comfort phone and it works OK, on the phone menu at the bottom in the middle there is SMS (text) when i click on it a messages comes up saying no SMS messages. can anyone help I'm using a iPhone 3gs.

Also I'm going to get a ipod can you please let me know what ipod you r using. I believe that some don't charge

Cheers Paul

The car is a cdi 220 on a 57

Have you checked the phone's SIM for any SMS received whilst connected to the car system?

If there are any you will need to copy them to the phone's Inbox to read them.

Can you describe the 'Comfort" phone system installed? Do you have COMAND and which type (is it hard disc)?

Yes it has comand and its c class cdi 220 05 a 57

cheers Paul

Sorry but I thought one could only receive SMS if using the MB SAP puck (I used it with my E65). IIRC the iPhone doesn't connect using SAP. I am using an iPhone 3gs now with the MB iPhone cradle. SMS are received directly on the phone. What are you using to connect the iPhone?

To use the iPod you will need (ideally) the MB interface. This gives complete control via the steering wheel buttons. But as you have the iPhone you could (if using the iPhone cradle) use that as an iPod, the interface connect to the cradle so you have phone and music!

All I know is the iPhone goes in the arm rest and is blue tooth to that
When I put the I Phone in the cradle it charges.
when a phone call comes in I use the buttons on the steering wheel.
when I open the comand on tel menu I see msm when I click on it nothing happens no message but on the phone there is messages
I have looked at the phone but I can't see anything where I can load text to the sim card

Cheers Paul

^^ You can't

the iPhone doesn't receive (accept) SMS messages to the SIM card - it saves them to the internal memory instead.

I doubt this will work with your current phone as the iPhone is so locked down in it's bluetooth capabilities - some of the more 'open' phones such as Nokia and the like will probably work pretty well.

Ok thanks now I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom