Smug Garage User

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

So, after a night of fairly heavy snowfall :)bannana:) we had to take my daughters friend home after she had a sleepover last night.

We all walked through to house into our clean dry double garage. We all got into the car (that was preheated (yum yum)) and the garage door opened. We pulled off the drive with ease and went on our way. During the 10 minute journey every car we drove past was snow covered and past many houses with owners scraping snow from their cars.

There's not many days of the year when I really appreciate having/using an attached garage but today was certainly one of them.

Smug Tony I am. :D

Good idea...I have an attached double garage...must put the car inside sometime.

I too have the luxury of a double garage. It's lovely to jump in and be off anytime of the year.

Ah but you see garages are not used as garages any more. They are garden sheds, storers of stuff, dump rooms, workshops and most you cannot get a Fiesta in witouth folding in the wing mirrors.

I was scraping away this morning, why? Because my beloved 124 has half the garage and SWMBO Panda has the lion's share of the other half. Weapon of choice for snow this morning, my Renault Scenic - sorry testbed A Class. With front wheel drive and a manual box. Sorted.

Ah but you see garages are not used as garages any more.

Mine is , it is my man cave where i spend my spare time. No room for the car as it is full of bikes :thumb:

DSCF5014.jpg

Kenny

Now that is a proper use KennyN. Love the neat and tidiness. Place for everything and everything in place.

Love it Ant. Internal garages are great for that.

If we ever build a house I would to have a glazed tunnel into the centre if the house, so I can park something beautiful right in the middle :cool:

If I had a plastic tunnel :- a 190 Cosworth followed by a 124 Estate looking a bit wicked. failing that loads of kids toys for the grandchildren to run wild with.

failing that loads of kids toys for the grandchildren to run wild with.

John. That's by far the best post I've seen for a very long time.

Good on ya mate. :thumb:

John - you need to come to our house. You can't move for grandkids toys and other associated paraphernalia. We dont have a dog either but do have 2 dog baskets for the one our daughter brought back from Argentina!

The Zoe is programmed to pre-heat ready for my departure time for work. Step out the front door into a warm and defrosted car. :D

Mine is , it is my man cave where i spend my spare time. No room for the car as it is full of bikes :thumb:

DSCF5014.jpg

Kenny
O aye very nice. I'm coming over to have a swatch at that !

Had to thin my bike collection down get the cls in ;(

Last edited:
Ive got a large double garage full of junk and crap.
When i had it built i thought it was big enough, but now ive filled it with shelves and work benches the car is too long to fit in lol

Ive got a large double garage full of junk and crap.
When i had it built i thought it was big enough, but now ive filled it with shelves and work benches the car is too long to fit in lol

Me too, I've insulated mine with Celotex aluminium faced urethane board including the door (I'm rather pleased with my work on this) anyway it doesn't loose very much heat and is a consistent 60% RH so my SL63 and two bikes remain quite tightly packed but warm and dry.

Had to thin my bike collection down get the cls in ;(

Ooooo - I bet your garage smells loverly , Castrol R by any chance.

Bet that RD500 (RZV) sounds sweet.

I have been thinking of getting a "stroker" for the collection but trying to find one that hasn't soared in price to silly levels is proving difficult.

Kenny

O aye very nice. I'm coming over to have a swatch at that !

You can pop over anytime for a cuppa but the GPz1000 has gone recently to finance the other ZRX that I am presently working on.

DSCN0431_zpsrqzhx2kt.jpg

It started off with a free frame which I mono shocked and fitted a Hayabusa frontend , the rest of the parts came from the ZRXOC and ebay.The motor has ZZR1100 cams and breathes through CVK40 mm carbs also from the ZZR , I made the bellmouths myself and the induction sound is fantastic.

CIMG2081_zps97thqlza.jpg

Kenny

Last edited:
Envious

I have a single garage but decent size with 2 attached brick outhouses and my car has never been in it. I cleared it out the other day but by the time the wife had decided the statues should go away and what with all the other paraphanalia there just is no room.
Maybe next year?

I built our garage 10 years ago along with other rooms in the house. The car & van have been in there every night since the extension was finished. It's become a kind of obsession now and keeps the garage tidy and rubbish free.

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom