Smug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jakdor

Car
CL500 Blue Efficiency & E320 V6 estate & Range Rover Vogue
Well folks, I've just got to tell you that I've got THE most glorious car on the planet bar none. My '14 plate CL500 has taken me in sybaritic comfort down through France to the Gers and back again. Both trips completed on just over half a tank of fuel (each way) and I wasn't hanging about where I could go quick. And boy does she do quick. Insane is the only way I can describe the way she just pulls....and pulls ..... and pulls - and all in total silence, without fuss or fancy frills and furbelows. The ability to accelerate from 60 to north of 120 in less time than it takes to take a breath takes your breath away. Comfort? I got out at the other end feeling as if I'd driven to the shops. It's her ability to just cruise endlessly that impresses me. Mile after mile seamlessly stitched together without so much as blink of an eye.

I am soooo lucky and pleased and proud and yes...smug....way too smug for my own good perhaps... but I do NOT care. She sits on my driveway and I purr with pleasure every time I go by. She takes four adults without a sniff, she blends in without shouting and I just cannot believe my good fortune.

The epitome of everything Mercedes have ever created all rolled into the perfect package.

:ttiuwp

Very well written for someone who's clearly had a glass of wine or two. :p

I got a taste of what you're talking about going from a punto, to my W204. So I can imagine you get much much more of the same.

:)

Wasted journey without a roof that opens......:)

Nice looking motor!

Always in the back of my mind when driving especially through France, Spain etc is the chance of getting an unwanted letter in a month or two time as I don't take my speed traps alert.

Stay lucky and don't be too smug just yet!

UK to France on half a tank of petrol in a CL500! Really? Whats the mpg on that? Where from in UK and where to in France?

So i gather you like it ? lol, And why not, looks lovely ;)

Looks like Normandy to me....the style of house is the give away! Lovely house and car!

I don't know what looks nicer, the house or the car. I think it's the house, but they certainly complement one another.

He did say driving to the Gers - that's near Toulouse. On half a tank?

Gers - Wikipedia

UK to France on half a tank of petrol in a CL500! Really? Whats the mpg on that? Where from in UK and where to in France?

I was wondering about this too.

We do an annual pilgrimage to the Loire Valley and were actually there, in fact, when I bought the CLS500 3 weeks ago. I have been thinking how much it will drink on that trip (not that I would consider doing anything other than taking it!)

I'd be interested to hear what the real MPG figs were, as I have the same engine.

When we drive to the South West of France we use a lot more than half a tank.

Someone wanna do the maffs? :confused:

So 83L tank.

“just over half” so let’s say 3/5?

So 50L of fuel

“I think I'm going to enjoy the 1000kms drive down south.” Edit: round trip!

So 620 miles total, 310 each way.

56 29mpg averaged. Official figures 29 combined.

Must have a very light foot. That’s excellent for a 320 diesel

Spot on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom