Sneak Preview of the 100,000 mile, 15 day detail of MBclub Member Eddie01

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikec32

Car
Mercedes C32 AMG
Hi Guys

Well not eddie, but is Mercedes C55 AMG:))

I will complete the monster writeup on this cars journey with me at the weekend, but here is a couple of sneaky shots;)

Before:

736496_268056636656135_1949065933_o.jpg

410906_268056706656128_1864369523_o.jpg

192447_268056729989459_1714024011_o.jpg

.........and then 15 days later....

739902_271541529640979_1726088481_o.jpg

774573_271541612974304_1847270134_o.jpg

774114_271541606307638_873411665_o.jpg

774669_271541739640958_479553970_o.jpg

Kind Regards

Michael

Excellent work. It'll be interesting to see the full breakdown of work done - 15 days is quite some effort!

Looking forward to getting mine back tomorrow. :)

Great work as usual.:bannana:

15 Days?

At what labour rate per day does that come to?

Could have had a full respray and new wheels for less possibly?

15 Days?

At what labour rate per day does that come to?

Could have had a full respray and new wheels for less possibly?

I never publicise prices, but:

-Ask the owner, there is no way he would of got a full respray and new wheels for the price he paid.

-I also painted the front bumper, bonnet and the entire roof. Then I done what no body shops would do. I wetsanded and remove 95% of the orange peel out of the freshly painted panels and polished then to a flawless finish. A service no body shop ever gets right:)

244037_268057183322747_2012790676_o.jpg

Kind Regards
Michael

Last edited:
you need to reduce the size of your images, they are too wide!

PS. Check your email.

I know, im rubbish and have no idea how to do this:(

Have check and emailed you:)

Kind Regards

Michael

I know, im rubbish and have no idea how to do this:(

Have check and emailed you:)

Kind Regards

Michael

Don't worry about the resize, I'll help you get that sorted.

PS. When are you detailing my car?

Haha, Just as soon as you book it into the studio;)

Kind Regards

Mike

That's great work Mike!

I wasn't havin a dig, but just envisaging what 15 days labour equated to that's all.

;)

Ah fellow forum buddy I know you weren't but I can not realise prices. But I promise it was not even a third of a full body re spray of this size car & new alloys. I did actually complete this job quite underpriced but it was to show it can be done.

It's lovely , and I'm not having a dig , but by not publicising prices , do you not risk people thinking that you would make it up as you go along ?

If I didn't have an idea of cost , I wouldn't even bother getting in contact , because no one likes a shock !

I would think ' he's going to decide a price based on whether my face fits or not , or whether he likes me '

As I said , not a dig , an observation, and certainly not to detract from the quality of the work :)

Howard

Mike is able to offer various levels of service on a scale, it's dependant upon what you feel the paint requires, all discussed and clearly outlined.
In my particular case, the car required a full repaint on the front bumper, bonnet and roof as it wasn't possible to revive due to scratches and chips.
The actual breakdown on my invoice detailed the painting as a separate step from the detailing work and the processes used to build up the overall protection.
Mikes website provides an idea of what processes are available, to reiterate, on a scale, but it's really not a good idea to judge the condition yourself unless you know what you're actually looking for.
I knew my paint was pretty awful in places and I thought Mike would recommend the entire car would need a re-spray, on initial inspection only the 3 panels required paint and Mike was adamant he could restore the rest, I don't think for a minute he knew it would be as tough as it turned out to be. When you see the pictures after it's first wash then placed under lights you'll feel the pain, the paint was shocking.
My final invoice was a heck of a lot cheaper than a full re-spray, then you need to consider protecting the new paint job afterwards, which escalates costs, the detailing route is far more involved than most would give credit (that included myself) but a decent company will walk you through the process all of which can be researched and verified online, then you can make an informed decision.
You have to ask the question why people are sending new cars straight from the production line to detailing studio's for this type of work, it's not just a pretty shiny polish up, that is a by-product of the paint correction and protection added.

Prices are always different. Depending on size of car, age of paint, depth of lacquer, paint type(hard, intermediate, hard, NANO) what's been asked to be achieved etc. These are all factors that equal to how long a vehicle will take to get to the required level the owner wishes. Which then equals to how many hours/slash days it will take. So in order to do this you must work on many many different makes models and then several of the same model to see how much they vary.

So in short a car must be assessed as an individual and not as a general package.

Cheers Mike

superb work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom