Snetterton 10th August - Trackday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have to say this was a brilliant day and something I am positive that you boys would love and have some fun doing. The track itself is quite demanding but is quite wide so very safe to have a bit of fun on. I booked this through "Mazda on Track" which they were very well organised and very friendly and helpful throughout the day. Being that this was an open pit lane day anyone and everyone could go out as and when they wanted. There were a vast array of different cars on the day (Around 40) but a whole mixed bag, including a few TVRs and Radicals, which were extremley quick. All in all the guys on the day were very hospitible and curteous on track which made it even more the better when you went out and didnt feel intimidated.

After lunch it was back out on track and a few more sessions before thinking about making my way home. All in all I thought it was worth every penny and will certainly book another one trhough these guys. For me it was about getting to know my car and the abilities of the R8 round track. Just like I did when I owned my C63 and first took her out at Goodwood. It is a great way to find the limits of you and the car which was my reasoning for booking this in the first place. To say that the R8 did well was an understatement. The only car that could get past me was the big engined Radical, but then again he did have slick tyres on and did have a huge weight advantage.... Ok its a pure bred track car and nothing much will keep up with one, but I was so surprised just how good the R8 performed.

Guys, get yourself booked up for a Snetterton track day..... You wont regret it!:thumb:

I'll try and get some pics up later

Benjy said:
Have to say this was a brilliant day and something I am positive that you boys would love and have some fun doing. The track itself is quite demanding but is quite wide so very safe to have a bit of fun on. I booked this through "Mazda on Track" which they were very well organised and very friendly and helpful throughout the day. Being that this was an open pit lane day anyone and everyone could go out as and when they wanted. There were a vast array of different cars on the day (Around 40) but a whole mixed bag, including a few TVRs and Radicals, which were extremley quick. All in all the guys on the day were very hospitible and curteous on track which made it even more the better when you went out and didnt feel intimidated.

After lunch it was back out on track and a few more sessions before thinking about making my way home. All in all I thought it was worth every penny and will certainly book another one trhough these guys. For me it was about getting to know my car and the abilities of the R8 round track. Just like I did when I owned my C63 and first took her out at Goodwood. It is a great way to find the limits of you and the car which was my reasoning for booking this in the first place. To say that the R8 did well was an understatement. The only car that could get past me was the big engined Radical, but then again he did have slick tyres on and did have a huge weight advantage.... Ok its a pure bred track car and nothing much will keep up with one, but I was so surprised just how good the R8 performed.

Guys, get yourself booked up for a Snetterton track day..... You wont regret it!:thumb:

I'll try and get some pics up later

Benjy

Sounds like you had a hoot. I missed your original post as I am usually up or a good track day, gutted. Glad to hear that the other track users were well behaved as I try and avoid the saxo prograde as I am always conscious of getting on a track with loons without self control and not much to loose. Sounds like the R8 exceeded expectations and its nice to hear you are really using the car for what it's been design for going fast :).

If you planning another let us know and if it tis in with work I would love to join you.

Thanks for he update and I look forward to seeing the pics.

R4.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom