Snooper SR6 Neo Good/Bad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrfiepro

Car
E430 AMGish
I have read various threads here about the latest Snooper and I like the sound of it.

However when asking my local supplier he said that it was c$%p particularly the you could not see the screen and that it took 20 mins to works the GPS properly, but suprise suprise...guess what he didn't have any in stock and the one he thought was better the S4 he had plenty in stock.

He aslo told me that they have stopped making the SR6.

If anyone is using the SR6 I would welcome your opinion.

Was the supplier right or was he talking B******s?

Also did the grup buy happen?

Group Buy never happened . . . a lot of us ended up buying Road Angels after Jimmy used a Neo and a RA in parrallel and was able to compare.

The Origin B2i is considered better than the Neo, I think.

S.

Yes, at the time we favoured the Road Angel. The S6 Neo could not cut it. I would look at the RA, the Origin B2i and the Micro Road Pilot if I were you.

Yep I agree with above, CHeckout the B2 first, then road angel. Don't bother with the snooper.

Thanks Guys Looks like you stopped me wasting my money (yet again). A few other people have confirmed that they are not that good.

Looks like the B2i...........I know it's tempting fate, anyone interested in a group buy?

I have found an excellent review, will post the URL as soon as I can find it again.

Thanks

Paul

Richard - go check out Pistonheads and Scoobynet ... the Snooper is not well regarded. Not reliable - fails to lock onto satellites - drops them easily - etc, etc ....

Just my own tuppence worth ......

Having had the RA and the Origin B2 - for me it would have to be the B2 - something which I'm looking at getting again.

The snooper was only a good offer at Halford on Boxing day - when they were selling them with a 50% discount !!!!! Other than that - nope - forget it.

If you want to buy an Origin B2 - PM me - as I can a good healthy discount on more than 1 (good incentive for me to buy one).

K

They are life savers..... Never move the cars without mine now..You will only need one B2, as you can purchase additional mounting brackets.

In March they are releaing a bracket with a GPS output, so cheap Sat-Nav by plugging in your Ipaq or Laptop and installing mapping software.....

RoadAngel already have the GPS output!

I use the Origin B2 and find it excellent, customer support is also very good.

I paid around £380 when they first released, dunno if they will better that price now.

I expect/hope it to be about £325. I'm pretty sure that's what I paid last time I bought them.

I've mailed the guy anyway - just to ask.

Whilst I'm here - I should highlight that Jimmy does stock the Road Angels - and does a MEGA deal on them - especially for us. And please don't exclude the Road Angel. I had one (from Jimmy) and it was a good unit - no problems at ll.

K

Well - as expected my contact has come back to me quickly (he's like that).

For 2 x Origin B2s he will charge a total of £335 each. This price INCLUDES P&P and next day delivery. They are brand new - full complete warranty and you get a VAT receipt too.

I've bought from him before and have 100% confidence in him.

The price will probably come down £5 or £10 more per unit if we buy more.

Again - please do note that I don't to take away any potential opportunity for Jimmy to sell his Road Angels - which are also of a similiarly good price.

K

I shall try not to be biased, I did try the Snooper and Road Angel side by side, the Road Angel was far better in my opinion. I dont know much about the B2 so cannot really comment. I do know that the Road Angel does exactly what it says it does and very well too. OK there might be better looking gadgets but it does all I want it to do. The only thing that lets it down is the lack of USB support.

Please, do not ever worry about offending me by knocking the Road Angel or recommending another product. A year ago when we discussed the group buy thing for a speed camera detector, the Road Angel came out favourite, a year on we might have chosen a different product. Please don not think I am here to sell goods and make money, I know we all want to keep this commercial free, I just like helping other members as I receive help too.

I should also stress - supporting what Jimmy says - that having owned both the RA and the B2 - at the end of the day they are much of a muchness. They ultimately do the same thing - both have their own advantages/disadvantages.

Therefore it's more then likely down to personal preference. For me it would be the B2 - it's small, and more informative than the RA. I'd be quite happy with either (if I had a choice at no cost). But cost out of my pocket - the B2 wins.

K

Owned A S6R Neo for two weeks before I flogged it. The Radar unit doesn't pick any Gatsos up until you driven past them and the GPS database is missing 70% of the cameras I passed.

I swapped the S6R for a Bel 550 and Snooper SLD920 Laser Jammers and I thinks it's the perfect combo :)

Gav.

OK, took the plunge and got a B2 origin on order, they have the GPS feed available now for connecting to your laptop/PC. This may be a replacement for the serial GPS unit on my parcel shelf.

Also I can connect to my onboard PC and do any updates over wifi...

Cool

Who have you spoken to about the GPS feed - you got me all excited, so I rang Origin (02073813000) who told me that it is not yet released.....??

Their advert states NMEA GPS output, if it's not fit for purpose then it's going back.

Craig

Your correct, the web site is misleading, although they have removed the lead from the accessories list, the B2 features still states that the function is there.

So when I contacted Origin, they apologised, and offered a refund if I wanted it, also agreed to make the website reflect the position on this feature.

Pity more companies aren't so helpful.

I can carry on using my parcel shelf GPS until the lead does become available, they slated it for summer time.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom