Snow .... Cambridge .... 2009 .... 'kin Cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The G.F.P

MB Enthusiast
A few of my pics that i took at 2am
I used a longer exposure to make the snow look long and thin then a flash to make the snow flakes show up
Im no photographer but i quiet like them
P1050023.jpg

P1050025.jpg

P1050026.jpg

P1050032.jpg

P1050027.jpg

Just got up to spend a penny and looked out the window and its much the same here (South London). If it gets much deeper then its really going to disrupt the trains and make my return to work after the hols somewhat of a pain. Why couldnt this have happened a week ago?
Looks nice though.............

Couple of centimetres here but stopped now. It's nice to look out of the window on days like this and feel sorry for commuters while I bury myself under the duvet for a while yet.

No snow, no frost, no nuthink :(

Please be careful on the roads with those very nice, wide tyres :)

Take care and happy new year

That's the UK b*ggared ....2 cm of snow and everything grinds to a halt..........suppose it's because everyone is fighting for the country's two snowploughs.:D

Snowed for about an hour here, stopped a little while ago, were supposed to get more during the day in showers though.

DSCF0006.jpg

Had some rear end slidy fun driving up to Crystal Palace this morning, car barely starts due to pesky OVP (new one turns up tomorrow)..

Office is currently freezing as I cleverly turned the storage heaters down on Friday when I popped in.. tomorrow it'll be roasting and we'll have the windows open :rolleyes: We're currently using computers as heating :D

Actually nice to be back at work..

Ade

Last edited:

Welcome back John..................:bannana:

Despite Scumbag's whimsical comment, :) welcome to the "wonderful world of winter motoring" Northern Scotland gets every year.;)

We don't get snow anymore so I nipped out and coated the roads with shaving foam....

Snowed for about an hour here, stopped a little while ago, were supposed to get more during the day in showers though.

DSCF0006.jpg

Gee your neighbours are impolite................making those taxis wait all night ....

Yes, welcome back John! I’m delighted there seems little change to the intrinsic grumpidity or the immaculate speeling…;)

It's an ML day here in Norfolk and the S stays indoors!

Happy New Year!:D

Snow in Weybridge, stopped 30 minutes ago.

Snow in Weybridge, stopped 30 minutes ago.

I work in weybridge, wasnt suprised to find an X3 in the ditch on its side on the way to work this morning, apparently when I rolled in at 10 that was the third car being pulled out this morning!!!

Last edited:
wasnt suprised to find an X3 in the ditch on its side on the way to work this morning

It's amazing how many small SUV drivers think 4WD is a magic spell that removes the need to drive carefully on normal tyres when there's snow & ice around. The last time we had a little bit of snow there was a RAV4 stuck in a brick wall 100 yds from us (30 mph limit).

Just had 2 weeks skiing in the Northern Caucuses in a place called Dombay, while there about 2 feet of snow fell (1 foot fell in one night), temps in the day were about -10 and fell to -27 on new years eve.

Then had a long weekend in Moscow where we had light snow almost constently!!

Now in Prague where I can see the snow falling as I type.

The UK would grind to a halt in these conditions..

Nick

Started snowing at Tedders at 3am , the roads were nice and crunchy by 6 when i went home ... that was a careful drive i can tell you ....

Nearly spoiled it all by almost sliding into a concrete bollard on my driveway as i stopped though :crazy: luckily the car stopped sliding with about an inch to go . :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom