Snow foam lance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A6lns

Car
C250d Amg line estate
Hi all just brought a snow foam lance Lavor fitting for a vax power washer when attached to the why is it the lance ends up on the side

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume this is a snow foam lance with a bottle/dispenser? Sounds silly but are you sure you're attaching it the right way up ? I have a third party snow foam lance for the Karcher and the type of fitment it is allows it to be attached two ways. If you put it on the wrong way round the bottle ends up to the side when you lock it into place.

I have tried moving the connecter round slightly to it will end up straight but it won’t move

A photo would be useful but my initial thought was to get a pair of grips and twist the fitting so once in the lance it sits upright.

Sounds stupid but what happens if you twist the fitting into the lance from the other direction? anti-clockwise?

Cheers,

Chris

Going to try and put it in the vice and then with grips see if I can move it
Andy

Going to try and put it in the vice and then with grips see if I can move it
Andy

It’s where the Adaptor is fitted into the gun it usually has Ptfe on it just loosen it off and apply more or less ptfe until you get it set tight enough and in the correct position.

I have Vax too and I had the same problem and as above remove the connector (vice and grips) put some PTFE tape on until you get the right amount of turns, worked for me.

.......mine is the same.It's not too far off centre so just live with it. How many on here think snow foam actuall does anything?. Don't get me wrong i'm o.c.d with my cars & forever cleaning & there must be over £300.00 woth of cleaning/polish/waxes & all the other stuff in my garage BUT i still think snow foam is more show. I think a good blast from the hose before you wash has just the same effect?.

How many on here think snow foam actual does anything?. Don't get me wrong i'm o.c.d with my cars & forever cleaning & there must be over £300.00 woth of cleaning/polish/waxes & all the other stuff in my garage BUT i still think snow foam is more show. I think a good blast from the hose before you wash has just the same effect?.

It has its place...in certain scenario's (but not every wash) for me these are -

During summer if I have pre-soaked bugs with a citrus product and/or lower doors/sills covered in cow S%^t that have been pre-soaked, putting snowfoam over the top enhances the dwell time of the initial products, especially useful if it's warm or the car is hot from a journey.
This also is relevant if I have a car covered in tree sap, bee pollen etc.

If we experience Sahara rain or for those of us who live near the sea and it rains with the wind blowing inland I'll snowfoam to help remove as much of the sand/dust from all the nooks and crannies, making the next phase of washing with a mitt as safe as possible.

During winter where you have a build up of traffic film / mud etc down the side and on the rear of the car, much like the above summer scenario, I'll pre-soak these areas or sometimes the whole car, pop the snowfoam over the top and leave it to dwell whilst filling buckets up etc.

You'll note that I'm not looking for the snowfoam to clean in any way, just to help maximise the performance of other products. The fact that my preferred foam (Bilt Hamber Autofoam) does have cleaning agents is just a bonus.
Over the years I have noticed people apply snowfoam, then carry on washing without rinsing the foam off first. I'm not convinced by this as the pressure rinse is what removes dirt and contaminants from the surface and snowfoam's aren't in any way slick like a good quality shampoo so the risk of adding some wash marring is greater.

For reference the pre-soak product I use that is mentioned above is Autosmart Hazsafe or its new name, same product - Prestige XLS.

Happy washing!

Cheers,

Chris

The fact that my preferred foam (Bilt Hamber Autofoam) does have cleaning agents is just a bonus
BH Autofoam gets my vote too. The Forensic Detailing Channel guy on YouTube did a snow foam review and it came out top for its cleaning ability - that for me is more important than masses of pretty foam that is not actually doing anything.

BH Autofoam gets my vote too. The Forensic Detailing Channel guy on YouTube did a snow foam review and it came out top for its cleaning ability - that for me is more important than masses of pretty foam that is not actually doing anything.
Agreed I also swear by the BH autofoam, it certanly doesn't come out as thick and blankety as other brands unless you make it really concentrated but for me it's performance over looks

Another Bilt Hamber fan here. It is the only snow foam I have used that actually makes (if only limited) an impression on brake dust.

The debate will rumble on about the need for snow foam, but even if it only makes sure the car has a good pre-wash rinse, by removing the foam before contact washing, that's no bad thing.

I actually have a lot of success with... wait for it... TFR.
With 35+ years of use, I know the product inside out and exactly how and when or when not to use it.
My business used to use sometimes hundreds of litres of the stuff per month, blended by yours truly with ammonia and optical brighteners.

There might not have been much wax on our vehicles, but with careful use of TFR and our two KEW 1502's and the like, they were spotlessly clean.

Yes, I'm waiting for incoming... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom