snow foam ragtop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nutrunner

Car
clk 320 convertible
hi all ive got some snow foam left from using on m last car will it damage the soft top of my clk vert or should i just use it on the body :wallbash:

It shoudnt hurt it, probably wont, but best practice is to try and keep most shampoos etc off the hood, as some contain wax ( the snow foam will not), and could after prolonged use damage the fabric.
Just wash the hood with plenty and I mean plenty of cool clean water. Vacuum regularly in the creases to remove dust, then x 2 yearly, clean using a soft brush and designated fabric hood cleaner, then re proof.
I washed a new Mini a few months back that normally gets washed on the high street every week, the owner wasnt best pleased when i showed her how the fabric hood was starting to rot at the lower edges, TFR sprayed over the car and poor shampoos to blame here!

thanks Jlad i do was in clean water & hoover once a week i also shampoo the top with auto finnece rag top cleaner and seal with fabsil 2times a yr , so will heed your advice and keep the foam of the lid

snow foaming the body work came up nice

Attachments

• DSCF5358.jpg
    DSCF5358.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF5359.jpg
    DSCF5359.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF5355.jpg
    DSCF5355.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread