Snow foam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barney9304

Car
W163 270 cdi, W211 E220CDI, W220 320 CDI
does snow foam really work? Tried it once and was not impressed, mind you I just sprayed it on and waited a while and then rinsed it off.
It seemed very easy but didn’t do a great deal, now thinking I should of done more?

It’s just a pre-rinse, softens the dirt etc. You still need to go over it with a mitt and 2 buckets after.

Bit of a gimmick IMO.

Many detailers don’t use it these days.

Yes - that's my experience too. There is no alternative to physically agitating the dirt with a cloth/sponge/etc. All this stuff about spraying on the foam, waiting, then rinsing it off with all the dirt is absolutely not true, in my experience. Plus it leaves a load of snow on your drive!

I've given up using snow foam, so I just have 4.9 litres of a 5 litre bottle of liquid left to use for some other purpose. Opening a nightclub perhaps...

It does help rinse some of the dust off before cleaning with the mitt. Also softens the dirt as it keeps it wet for longer than just plain water, which runs off quickly. Don't use it every time but will do if the car is particularly dirty.

It's definitely part of the process, rather than the process.

My car is generally clean anyway, and so I pressure wash, snow foam, wait, rinse once weekly is generally enough. Occasionally I'll have to get the noodle mitts out and give it a going over, but it depends how clean your car stays and how often you wash.

We use it all the time, a good quality snow foam on a dry dirty car and wait until most of its run off, then pressure wash and most of the dirts gone as its softened.
Do in the alloys and arches the lot.
Then wash mitt etc.

It's definitely part of the process, rather than the process.

My car is generally clean anyway, and so I pressure wash, snow foam, wait, rinse once weekly is generally enough. Occasionally I'll have to get the noodle mitts out and give it a going over, but it depends how clean your car stays and how often you wash.
I might try doing it this way. - Generally if the car has had a good clean recently, all it needs is the dust and pollen washed back off it; I don't want to take the wax off.

Given the current weekend warrior status of my car and the ceramic coat applied to it, a rinse/foam/wait/rinse/dry seems to be all it needs at the moment. Mostly I just need to remove the week's pollen and rain spots so the ProKleen foam seems to do the job.

I use a Traffic Film Remover by AutoGlym. Spray it on first then jet wash off. Gets most of the muck off before shampooing the car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes it will. It's good stuff though. I use a zip wax shampoo and also the wax the car every few washes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t it be easier to just use a ph neutral shampoo and pre-rinse if necessary?

Seems easier as you can wax the car less often then

Given the current weekend warrior status of my car and the ceramic coat applied to it, a rinse/foam/wait/rinse/dry seems to be all it needs at the moment. Mostly I just need to remove the week's pollen and rain spots so the ProKleen foam seems to do the job.

I've used Pro-Kleen Snow Foam for the first time this weekend. As the car already has a protective coat on it, the foam / rinse / dry technique seems to do a pretty good job of bringing the shine back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom