Snow Pics!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I gritted/salted the only dodgy bit of road in this neighbourhood yesterday, as I did three weeks ago to good effect. I tested it by doing a circuit and then went out in the Coupé to see how things were generally in the Luton/St Albans area. I began to wonder what all the fuss was about, as all the main roads were good, although we have had our fair share of snow. The roads were also blissfully quiet.

I returned home . . . and got stuck on the very patch of road that I had salted.

My Pride & Joy Stuck for 3 Days!

It snowed AGAIN!...

Attachments

• ash_w202.jpg
    ash_w202.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 227
e00610fd.jpg

It's all melting ever so slightly, no fresh snow today. Should be good when the temp rapidly drops when the sun goes..

Even my new steed might struggle :(

With as new tyres and an auto, who needs a quattro. Car drove ok in the snow, although did not try any very steep areas, did not have any problems commuting these days. Didn't even try the w mode on the autobox.

Attachments

• Photo0310.jpg
    Photo0310.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 217
Woke up to these hanging from my Soffit this morning, nature at it's best!:)

CIMG4602.jpg

Snowing really hard hear at the moment, all the main roads are bad, doesn't look like they have been gritted at all. Thankfully I have a 4X4 to get around....

The country is running out of grit and local authorities have now agreed to use 25% less and grit only high priority areas.

They've been doing such a poor job on the A52 to Skegness that i'm wondering what minus 25% of NONE is :dk:

I bet he goes through a few litres of screen wash a day :)

I wouldnt even bother... My 55 is now tucked back in the garage after a night out... abandoned last night in Hampshire and a scary drive home today.... until I can see the tarmac thats where its staying!!

Hmm I think it snowed last night!
Spent an hour digging out the driveway, but still dont think I am going anywhere soon!
SNC00095.jpg

January2010snow064.jpg

The new toy for the snow.

I had to stop here as the snow was too deep for us to carry on.

About 10 mins before I pulled a LWB Landy police car out of a ditch.

The new toy for the snow.

I had to stop here as the snow was too deep for us to carry on.

About 10 mins before I pulled a LWB Landy police car out of a ditch.

YouTube - Let´s offroad

BTW I know a man who's got a heavy duty front bumper with a warn winch off an electricity board defender just sitting in his unit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom