Snow tyre speed limiter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

borobiker

Car
CLK 270
Hi everyone, I have a '53 plate clk270cdi. I discovered last week that it has the snow tyre limit switched on. I checked the owners manual - 'select from vehicle menu', great I think until I look for it, no sign at all ! I've looked at all the menu's and nothing there, I've scoured every forum but although I find it mentioned I'm yet to see a solution. Somebody help me please.

This any help

Attachments

• image-818181339.jpg
    image-818181339.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 34
Nope, as I said I have the owners manual but it's just not in the menu where its supposed to be :crazy:

A long shot and honestly I've no idea with a CLK, but thought I'd post these up on the off chance that it's similar to a C Class. :dk:

Sequence for mine. (C Class)
Menu button to this screen

Up Arrow button once brings up this

Up Arrow again. (Once) Brings up this

Use the + & - button to change setting.

Back on the old W202 C Class, setting it was dependent on having the ignition in a certain position (1?), but haven't set it for 15 years so can't remember. That didn't have menus, just a display of the limit.

Thats the problem Grumpy, I can get the menu up okay but the tyre limit section just isn't there.
Thanks for that clue Ian but I've tried all the menu's in all key positions. I've even tried the 'secret' menu and had a german friend look at it.
Is it possible somethings happened with the software for the car and that section of the menu has been removed ?

It might be possible to disable menu via star developer. At least you should see speed limiter on/off option by star...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom