So, AMG owners, how’s your Fuel Consumption?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ninjadom

Car
C63
Interesting to see how everyone’s fuel consumption is going?

I use the free app ‘Fuelly’ to record all of my petrol fill ups and calculate my fuel consumption.

So in my 2011 C63 125 Edition, my latest average is 13.6mpg. The best I’ve had is 16.5mpg.

I live in Essex, most of my driving is in town/city. I only use Shell V-Power. But I only use the car for leisure and pleasure. I don’t use it for work or drive it every day.

I've owned my 2009 E63 for just less than 4 months and I am averaging around 20mpg for a 50:50 mix of motorway and urban. I have used V-Power and Tesco Momentum and not noticed any difference in fuel economy.

I don't have an AMG model but it is a V12 twin turbo and last time I checked it showed the average was just over 11mpg.
I only check it when people ask what's the average mpg on that thing :D

I average about 19 mpg but its not my daily and a lot of my trips are a relatively short trip on the M1 to see my parents. I only use V-Power and I find that I am in the petrol station quite a lot haha

My pal has a BMW 535 diesel. Full tank for him is just short of £100. But he gets a good 45 mpg.
Interesting. I used to have an E61 535d touring and that was a mere 38mpg, but I suppose everything's getting more efficient.
(Still hate diesels - I know it's the tax break, but seriously?)

My GL must be one of the biggest/heaviest AMGs, I think it’s mid teens on average which I didn’t think was too bad tbh.

Averaging 25mpg in normal mixed driving, had 32mpg on a long motorway run (sitting between 70mph and 80mph).

Mixed seen as low as 11 mpg in heavy London traffic and as high as 34 mpg on a long motorway drive, I’m not fused it’s not a everyday car and I don’t do a lot of miles per year

damn, i must be doing something wrong! im averaging aroung 15mpg in the GTS, but to be fair, it hasnt been driven with fuel consumption in mind since i bought it 5 weeks ago... Compared to my previous facelift W212 E63, this definitely drinks more fuel!

On pretty much any long journey my S212 E63 does 24mpg every time, it doesn't matter if it's fast or slow, it always ends up averaging that. around london i get ~11mpg but i don't drive her into london much as it doesn't enjoy that sort of journey (and i always keep the stop start system off).

On pretty much any long journey my S212 E63 does 24mpg every time, it doesn't matter if it's fast or slow, it always ends up averaging that. around london i get ~11mpg but i don't drive her into london much as it doesn't enjoy that sort of journey (and i always keep the stop start system off).
+1 on the start and stop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom