So called AMG 124 CE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
wow thats an excellent example of the stealth AMG, the only thing that gives it away is the AMG "style" wheels. Excellent find. :thumb:

lol how can people class this as an AMG? its a standard 24.

Because they probably bought it when it had the badge attached and think it is. We must remember that not everyone is a 'geeky' as we are when it comes to Mercs! And I say geeky in the best possible way!

Because they probably bought it when it had the badge attached and think it is. We must remember that not everyone is a 'geeky' as we are when it comes to Mercs! And I say geeky in the best possible way!

thats very true.

If that`s an AMG i own 2 than.I might be wrong but that looks a standart 300-24ce to me!

The owner is so convinced that it is an AMG that they have started the bidding off at £2000 with reserve not being met!

The exhaust looks all wrong. Possibly a used one off a saloon?

Here's the response from the seller on what makes this an AMG model:

ebay said:
THE WHEELS, THE INTERIOR, THE STEERING WHEEL AND ALSO THE WOODEN TRIM. THE SUSPENSION. SEE THE PICTURES this is one of lightly modified Mercedes-Benz AMG models

THE WHEELS, - NO
THE INTERIOR, - NO
THE STEERING WHEEL -NO
AND ALSO THE WOODEN TRIM. - NO
THE SUSPENSION. - NO

The previous owner must have sen him coming to feed him all of that information...

Is there no such thing as a 300CE-24 AMG, or is it that, this is just not one of them?

My CLK must be an AMG too, because I've got AMG wheels on mine (which is more than what he's got). :D

Is there no such thing as a 300CE-24 AMG, or is it that, this is just not one of them?

If there was it will be 3.4 litres. I am sure AMG modified the 3.0 litre M103 engine, and it was not to 3.6 litres as the later M104 E320 engines were.

W.

But they also done a m103 engine with 3.0l with 270 bhp

I believe the M103 engine was also bored out to 3.4L

Brabus did an M103 over bored engine and put it in a 190. See MBZ6's posts and the youtube vid of the rolling road test.

AMG also did a 3.2 version of the M103. The Brabus 3.6 sounds good on paper but apparently lacked low down torque and had reliability problems with the headgasket (or so I've read).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom