So, did anyone see the Classic Car show?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wish I had kept my Austin 7, but then it is hardly the sort of car they are likely to feature on this show...

I expected to like this show. I like classic cars and Quentin and Jody but this doesn't work.

The stupid rehearsed flirting between them is cringe worthy but Quentin comes across as so up his own a**e its ridiculous. And the slavering and gushing going on throughout is nauseating.

It's as if we are supposed to take the view that here is a great show, presented by the god that is Quentin! :fail

Get rid of both of them and get Brian Johnson to front the programme, the mans a true petrol head :thumb: just keep Jodi sitting on the sofa in the BUFF !!! :D

definitely better last night, Jodi is still trying too hard but there were moments especially when she visited Reim where she seemed much more relaxed and came over well but all that flirting with QW is a bit unnecessary. The barn find bit is really well done but the jury is out on the other two blokes and i can see why people would say Quentin Wilson is up his own **** but if i`m honest i`m struggling to think of anyone else who could do it, at the end of the day he does know what he`s taking about smug or not

Last edited:
I must admit to being a bit baffled by the content. The GT40 being driven by Ms Kidd on a racing circuit that wasn't there was a replica so what was the relevance of that? Also the Amilcar which was reputed to have sat in the garage unseen for 40 years had fully inflated tyres and loads of bubble-wrap in the passenger footwell. And it was right hand drive - odder and rarer than your man from Coys thinks, perhaps?
Or is it all down to licence for entertainment?

I must admit to being a bit baffled by the content. The GT40 being driven by Ms Kidd on a racing circuit that wasn't there was a replica so what was the relevance of that? Also the Amilcar which was reputed to have sat in the garage unseen for 40 years had fully inflated tyres and loads of bubble-wrap in the passenger footwell. And it was right hand drive - odder and rarer than your man from Coys thinks, perhaps?
Or is it all down to licence for entertainment?

it`s not that unusual for an Amilcar to be RHD but i did notice the tires and just put that down to the owner putting new tires on in readiness for it to be moved so that it could be viewed for the program perhaps?

The GT40 bit was a bit of a let down i agree, i can only assume they could n`t source a real one and wanted to stay with a GT40 because it was the last car to win there

it`s not that unusual for an Amilcar to be RHD but i did notice the tires and just put that down to the owner putting new tires on in readiness for it to be moved so that it could be viewed for the program perhaps?

The GT40 bit was a bit of a let down i agree, i can only assume they could n`t source a real one and wanted to stay with a GT40 because it was the last car to win there

They did say that the GT40 was the last winner but originals were worth a massive amount so it was the replica! Guessing no one would lend an unknown programme at the time one!

Anyone noticed that they used the same incidental music as wheeler dealers?

It starts when the black RR Corniche is shown indoors...

Watched both episodes on Demand 5 at the weekend , agree about slow/stilted presentation .

What was Jodie wearing in that last episode :dk:

I see the Episode 3 is going to feature a 190E :rock::thumb:

"Also hitting the race track this week is Bruno Senna. The Formula 1, Le Mans and Formula E driver is aiming to put a number of classic cars through their paces. First against the clock is the Mercedes 190 E, the car that shot his uncle Ayrton to global fame in 1984."

good show last night but whats with the 'new car' to win - hardly a classic (maybe a classic in the making)

also why dedicate so much time/fancy camera shots of the newer jag - maybe just mention it but i suspect people who watch this dont want to see any new cars in the programme.

also lose the "celebs". Their opinions dont matter to me one bit

Jodie is very nervous and unnatural, which is a shame as she seems a nice woman and enthusiastic. Quentin comes across as a creepy old uncle.

I hated it. QW has become a self-parody of a self-parody and is clearly trying to stoke up a car boom - why recommend cars without describing what to look out for, the girl was pointless, the dialogue was just pathetic and the others non-entities. Fancy driving an auto 190 Cossie too.

I despair, how can TV still not make classic motoring entertaining?

Why stick Bruno in a 2.5-16 auto instead of a 2.3-16 dogleg? :wallbash:

Lose the celebrities and the pointless in between 'banter'.

The more i watch it the more i agree with that, love the cars but the banter and pointless "secret underground lair" stuff is really starting to grate.

On the plus side Ben Collins was really good last week - future presenter either here or elsewhere perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom