So how much were these new?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From memory, rather than google, I think they were around £130k in 2013. Compared to just over £100k for the CL500.

But list prices are misleading. Some happily order and pay, others mop up bargains. A friend picked up a delivery mileage SL63 for an absurd discount.

From memory, rather than google,
Yeah sorry; that was lazy 😬

Perhaps not such bad value after all then. Hadn't realised they were that much more than an E63 to be honest. I still find MB models confusing 😅

Rest assured the value of it fell through the floor in the first four years, just like any CL or S class.

Your's was a fair question because these things don't necessary sell for the list price.

Off the top of my ahead again - it's that kind of evening - I'd expect C and E class AMG's to be worth more than CL's or S. More demand for an E63 or C63, any day of the week.

Off the top of my ahead again - it's that kind of evening - I'd expect C and E class AMG's to be worth more than CL's or S. More
That's what I thought, hence surprised original list price for CL was SO much more! Crazy depreciation on those beasts!

Crazy depreciation on those beasts!
Or fantastic value if you’re into that kind of thing. It’s mad to think that people are paying so much for C63’s while luxury cars on the same mileage trade at such a discount.

Or fantastic value if you’re into that kind of thing. It’s mad to think that people are paying so much for C63’s while luxury cars on the same mileage trade at such a discount.

wow

I tend to go for good value rather than in trend cars...love a "bargain"!

There's a "rather nice" 1998 Bentley Continental R that lives in Wimbledon, parked dramatically outside the front door of a "quite nice" house.

It cost £200k new. With 20k miles on the clock now, can't be worth no more than £50k, call it £7.50 per mile for that £150k depreciation.

Still, it's only money. You can't take it with you.

Last edited:
From memory, rather than google, I think they were around £130k in 2013. Compared to just over £100k for the CL500.

But list prices are misleading. Some happily order and pay, others mop up bargains. A friend picked up a delivery mileage SL63 for an absurd discount.
so did I, love it

kc

I use to love these, how much was in on sale for? It doesn't say in the link anymore as it just shows unsold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom