So I finally got round to checking my 1st Aid Kit..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyS

Car
CLK 320 Elegance '99
..and found it to be original and unused! :D

Inspired by someone mentioning here that the used MB they had bought still had the original kit I remembered to have a look.

I mean, thinking about it, it's not that surprising that it is still there but i somehow found it reasurring in my 10 yr old motor that it was still there untouched..

Didn't even think to check it when i was buying the car..:eek:

Whats the use by date on it though?

Im using the kit from my previous W202, the kit expired in 1998 :crazy:

I don't know, just checked it in the dark, will have a closer look tomorrow.

I suppose it may be a recent replacement kit, but it did seem old, the feel of the plastic etc..

Does the use by date matter.? If my leg was hanging off it wouldn't be the most pressing question I'd ask..

Does the use by date matter.? If my leg was hanging off it wouldn't be the most pressing question I'd ask..

Only if the various pastes/liquids are still 'wet' and havent turned to stone then no. :)

Only if the various pastes/liquids are still 'wet' and havent turned to stone then no. :)

All the better for damming blood loss.

Maybe we should carry some Isopon P38 in there too..

The kit in the 1994 coupe that I've just sold was unopened.

My 1989 coupé still has the original kit, no pastes or liquids and the tape has lost it's stickyness. I shall replace whenever I get the car back.

Mine is unused too. But is not that a GOOD thing!?

The tape and the stickyness of plasters etc will be gone.

What I did was to buy a new recent genuine merc kit from ebay (the one i got was from a 1 year old W221 e class and cost less than £5). Brand new.

At the moment it is still in the original W221 bag - i need to transfer the contents to my original W124 bag ideally for the full OEM look :)

Got my amplifier in the rear shelf. Instead of the kit I have the army first aid handbook in the glove compartment. :D

mine is still in its unopened clear plastic bag from 1991.. might actually have a look at the contents at some point before I actually need to use it..

Ade

Out of curiosity i had a look at the contents of my first aid kit today.
It`s original 1984 vintage by the look of it,complete and unused,but the plastic wallet was yellowed/slightly crispy,and the bandages had lost their adhesive qualities!
Mined ewe,this cars first owner was a doctor for the first 20+ years of its life,so maybe any roadside emergencies were dealt with by the medical contents of his Gladstone bag?

And,the spare wheel/tyre has never been used - even has the MB logo stamped into the lead balancing weights,and 1980`s style tread pattern:eek:

I also noticed some chalk in the contents of the kit,whats this for - marking out the outline of deceased motorits on the tarmac!!

Attachments

• wheelone.jpg
    wheelone.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom