So - I found a mint set of used 19s for my CL... (Wheel Bolt Size Question)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zally

Car
CL500(W216), S320CDI(W221), SLK230(R170)
Hey Guys...
Apologies for another question...

Since the other thread where I was looking for OEM rims for my CL500 - a perfect used set came on Ebay and I snapped em up...
They came off an W221 S63...

Trouble is I went away without being able to fit them cos the bolts holding on my stock 17s were too short.
Trying now to source the right lengths...

I need longer rears for the extra width (obviously), but I'm looking for the right length for the fronts.

For a rear 9.5 width, and a 8.5 front?
What length of wheel bolt would be correct?

Save me a third attempt please 😆

(PS: also what MB locking wheel nut set do I need, and do I need two sets of different lengths?)

Thanks, Guys!

Pic attached - it almost looked so good 😭

Attachments

• IMG_5565.jpg
    IMG_5565.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 28
These are the bolts you need.

Set of 20 bolts (5 per wheel for 4 wheels). SCC part number: M1415KU454 Surface Coating: geomet 321. Shaft Length/mm: 45. Thread pitch: M14x1.5. Drive type: 17mm. Seat type: 14mm radius. Fitment: Mercedes 220/215/140/638/639/460/463

Can be found scrolling down this page

Locking bolts, scroll down to SBA locking bolts

Edit. These bolts fit both front and rear

Thank you! So the same length bolt front and rear regardless?

The issue we had putting them on was that the long bolts the chap had from his S63 worked fine to fit the rears,
but those same length bolts were about 10mil too long to fit the fronts. :(

My W216 has 20inch AMG wheels the total wheel bolt length is 68mm for front and back.
it's a bit strange that your wheels can't have the same bolts fitted all round, are the wheels thicker/thinner?.

Cheers Jock

Yeah, I've all the same size 48mm OEM bolts on order now.
Couple of things was confusing me...

I hear about the 68 and the 48, but when someone says a 48mm bolt to me I imagine the length of the bolt shaft is 48, and it is, but some vendors are saying 68 (but thats the total length...) and I thought 68 (shaft) way too long, it can't be that, so was a bit confusing,

So what was a 48 in my head is actually the 68 you're using all round. :)

Another thing that confused me was my "stock" 17's I now suspect didn't come with the car after all, and the previous owner put shorter bolts than the standard ones that came with the CL to fit those.

Lastly the front back thing, just my ignorance! :)

All bolts are measured from the underside of the radius to the top of the thread by manufacturers.
Its easy to think its the whole length including the head (which is around 20mm)
Glad you have the correct ones on order.

Cheers Jock

Yeah, I've all the same size 48mm OEM bolts on order now.
Couple of things was confusing me...

I hear about the 68 and the 48, but when someone says a 48mm bolt to me I imagine the length of the bolt shaft is 48, and it is, but some vendors are saying 68 (but thats the total length...) and I thought 68 (shaft) way too long, it can't be that, so was a bit confusing,

So what was a 48 in my head is actually the 68 you're using all round. :)

Another thing that confused me was my "stock" 17's I now suspect didn't come with the car after all, and the previous owner put shorter bolts than the standard ones that came with the CL to fit those.

Lastly the front back thing, just my ignorance! :)
This is mine

Attachments

• Parts07 Wheelbolt.jpg
    Parts07 Wheelbolt.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1
The rear wheels after I refurbed them

Attachments

• Rear wheels20.jpg
    Rear wheels20.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 10
The rear wheels after I refurbed them
OMG! That paintwork! Silky shiny smooth!

Can you post up more pictures please so we can all drool. And a 13 year old motor!

Also nice to see a wise man with a standard powder coat refurb. I went diamond cut in August and was regretting the return of under lacquer corrosion by january 🙁

This is mine
Nice, That's what I have. Thanks for sending!

Sorted 😍

Attachments

• IMG_5660.jpg
    IMG_5660.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 7
Looks amazing!
Hows the ride on 20s? What's the tyre profile? 35?
255/35R20 front and 275/35R20 on the rear
The ride is very smooth, it's a bit harsh if you hit pot holes, so I try to avoid them.

OMG! That paintwork! Silky shiny smooth!

Can you post up more pictures please so we can all drool. And a 13 year old motor!

Also nice to see a wise man with a standard powder coat refurb. I went diamond cut in August and was regretting the return of under lacquer corrosion by january 🙁
I did plan on getting them refurbed professionally but since we had the lock down, decided to do them myself, it's not quite as good as the tyres weren't removed, but good enough.

Attachments

• CL Polished04.jpg
    CL Polished04.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 5
not sure that all the photos worked, maybe I put on too many.

Attachments

• Front Wheels17.jpg
    Front Wheels17.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Front Wheels18.jpg
    Front Wheels18.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 5
Very nice... 5 spoke is the way on these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom