So I had a ride in a CLS63 today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smartbrabus

Car
Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)
Its one helluva machine. That big N/A V8 is pretty awesome :rock:

Thanks to the owner - I've arranged to take it off his hands when he next upgrades in 7-8 years time :cool:

Obviously this thread is useless without pics, so here's a couple and a short video clip for your viewing pleasure.

Video (1.7mb)

clsfront.jpg

clsback.jpg

s500surrey said:
Awesome! That is one fine beast...

I can't wait to see what it looks like on an AA recovery truck!

Find out more -> Want spiritual? Get Merc!
You'll be pleased to know that the spiritual MB ownership experience has already started for this car. On the 6th day of its life, one of the wiper motors somehow sliced through a wire in the engine bay causing the engine to die. So it has already been introduced to the flatbed of a recovery truck !!

No doubt a fantastic car but it misses the aural gutural roar of the CLS55 imo.

Absolutely love the CLS, best car Merc have made in the past 15 years imo!

Dave!

Uberwagon said:

Dave!

Odd one. Some love it as you do others like me find it really unattractive. To me it looks banana shaped and out of proportion -sort of as though someone squashed it from above. And in the back there is too little headroom as much of the Press have mentioned. But a great car to drive. I much prefer the glorious looks of the SL, the CLK, and the present CL500 (not the new one, which again I'm not at all keen on) Bruno Sacco was king for my taste.

smartbrabus said:
You'll be pleased to know that the spiritual MB ownership experience has already started for this car. On the 6th day of its life, one of the wiper motors somehow sliced through a wire in the engine bay causing the engine to die. So it has already been introduced to the flatbed of a recovery truck !!

Lol... you gotta be kidding. But, you have to admit it that experience did wonders for your resolve :D

Personally, I think the CLS is a very cool car... Does anybody have first experience of a 645i in comparison?

Uberwagon said:

Dave!

It's sounds just as nice, but less like a Spitfire! I had a 20 minute trip in a SLK55 around the MB test tracks and skid pan this morning - great fun but the 63 is something else!

gorgeous ..

that's perlite grey I think

the piano black lacquer goes very well with the grey leather.

Just seen a black one on the M4 very nice, slightly understated perhaps ?

Black is nice - though was very surprised as to how small they are inside. The E63 looks the business - the CLK63 a little cheap in comparison.

I agree, the quality of the plastics in a CLK just isn't up to standard when they want £65k for the CLK63 before options :eek: :eek:

stats007 said:
Black is nice - though was very surprised as to how small they are inside. The E63 looks the business - the CLK63 a little cheap in comparison.

I've yet to spend any amount of time sat in a CLS, but I love the looks of them - very elegant yet distinctly cool. Makes the otherwise attractive W211 look frumpy when parked side by side.

Have Mercedes abandoned the dispicable practice of using blanked off buttons for the CLS? I was appalled when looking inside a new CLK and E Class the other day to see blanked off buttons for features which weren't installed. I dispise blanked off buttons - they ruin any interior I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom