So I had my first ABC oil change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riva811

Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
So car finally reched its 80k miles and the ABC suspension needed an oil filter and oil change - all done as part of the service with MB brooklands. Upon picking up the car I noticed some significant handling improvement that bothered me for a while:
  1. If the rear wheels fell into a dip while driving, they used to slip left and right. This has stopped
  2. The car used to pull either left or right and this is somehow mitigated as the car seems to correct its course.
  3. vibration at 70mph - they adviced me that my front tyres were below legal limit and had structural integrity issues. As it was the holidays and I didnt want to wait for a long time to order new ones and book a fitting appointment, I asked them to replace them for me. They came up with a Goodyear eagle F1 Assymetric 3 MOE with a huge rim protection lip They also balanced the wheels and the vibration is now history.
  4. Sports mode at 70mph felt scary, now I barely tell a difference between sports and comfort mode. Previously, sports mode was way too much road feedback and dipping, car felt like a boat.

They came up with a Goodyear eagle F1 Assymetric 3 MOE with a huge rim protection lip They also balanced the wheels and the vibration is now history.

I replaced my fronts with these when I had a CL similar to your one.

I was very happy with them.

Never kept it long enough to do the rears though.

I remember the huge rim protection:

Goodyear Asymetric 3 | Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension

I replaced my fronts with these when I had a CL similar to your one.

I was very happy with them.

Never kept it long enough to do the rears though.

I remember the huge rim protection:

Goodyear Asymetric 3 | Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension
Yeah they seem like a perfect fit for the car. I had the supersport before and it was such a bad fit for this car. Rears have been assymetric 3 all along.
I think the slight pulling and correction might be a wheel alignment issue, car seems very sensitive to shite roads. I will get them aligned when I refurb my alloys that I messed up badly.
What are you driving these days?

Yeah they seem like a perfect fit for the car. I had the supersport before and it was such a bad fit for this car. Rears have been assymetric 3 all along.
I think the slight pulling and correction might be a wheel alignment issue, car seems very sensitive to shite roads. I will get them aligned when I refurb my alloys that I messed up badly.
What are you driving these days?

I don't remember having any issues with mine in the 2.5 years I had it, even on shite roads, but mine was a youngish car when I bought and sold it so nothing had had much chance to age, experience wear and tear or not be potentially maintained properly by previous owners.

I bought a W222 S500L. Similar drivetrain albeit saloon and next generation.

I will always love the look of my CL though - they do look amazing and whilst I do like the look of the S Class I have, the CL is in a different league it has to be said.

Mercedes really knew how to make a big coupe and make it look good.

Yeah the s-class coupe always stood out as very unique. Previous owner of my car was a joker, I had to replace so many items on the car, it is beyond believe, real money pit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom