So I had this pop up....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doo01

Car
CLS63s
This randomly came on. I panicked of course given I’m due to head to the south of France tomorrow. I restarted the car and now its gone... should I get concerned?

71f889c46450106a4fb85fb7436d7695.jpg

I wouldn’t worry unless it comes up again.

Give your car a wash & it might not come on again.

Thats the thing. It came on AFTER i washed the car. Maybe it was confused as the car is clean and the sun is out. Conditions the vehicle isn’t used to.

I had that warning on my old car (W212) once.

It was an early morning and very dark, with no street lights or even moonlight, so I could have done with full beam. Everything else worked fine on the car, just that the lights seemed to stay on dipped beam.

All I did was flick the light switch across from auto to manual and carried on from there. That was the one and only time I saw the warning.

Friend of mine had/stlll has this on his W212. If it doesn't go away then it could be a fault with the headlamp itself. He replaced the camera near the hear view mirror housing (even though I told him it wasn't that) and it made no difference. Fault codes pointed at the N/S headlamp and the actuator that moves the beam is faulty. Solution is to either replace the headlamp and get it coded (very expensive) or use the high beam manually. All other headlamp functions work normally. Hopefully, your's will be a glitch like daveenty had experienced.

Friend of mine had/stlll has this on his W212. If it doesn't go away then it could be a fault with the headlamp itself. He replaced the camera near the hear view mirror housing (even though I told him it wasn't that) and it made no difference. Fault codes pointed at the N/S headlamp and the actuator that moves the beam is faulty. Solution is to either replace the headlamp and get it coded (very expensive) or use the high beam manually. All other headlamp functions work normally. Hopefully, your's will be a glitch like daveenty had experienced.

Thanks for that. Yes me too! Hope its nothing major!!

Had it on my W218 intermittently. Eventually took it for a diagnostic and MB said it needed a software update. No problems since the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had it on my W218 intermittently. Eventually took it for a diagnostic and MB said it needed a software update. No problems since the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just took it out and it seems ok. I must say weird things happen when I clean the windscreen. The rain sensor went nuts the last time I cleaned it. It would go at warp speed at the slightest drop of water. After some time, the windscreen got ‘dirtier’ and it started to behave again. Who knows....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom