So i see where MB get their headlamp design inspiration...hmmm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
2009-skoda-octavia-greenline-front-angle-588x441.jpg

vs

new-2011-mercedes-benz-cl-class-coupe-04.jpg

Which came first?

Also I think the 204 front bears a resemblance to the Astra as does the dash/console...

I believe there are just a few suppliers and it not a matter of choice but here is what we got so are the tyres.

Wouldn't have happened if they'd just stuck to making 124's would it ! :rolleyes:

Seem to get the paint from the same place too. So down market.;)
And look at the parking sensors!!!

Also I think the 204 front bears a resemblance to the Astra as does the dash/console...

And the rear a Honda Accord....

I think the problem may be that as cars get more and more aerodynamic the shapes all mould into one...;)

And the rear a Honda Accord....

I think the problem may be that as cars get more and more aerodynamic the shapes all mould into one...;)

Probably all use the same CAD program :rolleyes:

30 years ago older people would say "all cars look the same to-day", 20 years ago older people would say "all cars look the same to-day", 10 years ago... what's changed? We've all got older.:D

Must admit, I do sometimes wonder whether I should have just settled for a Peugeot 307... * :dk:

design-concept-307cc.jpg
slk350-small.jpg

* OK, not really! ;)

Must admit, I do sometimes wonder whether I should have just settled for a Peugeot 307... * :dk:

design-concept-307cc.jpg
slk350-small.jpg

* OK, not really! ;)
If I remebmer correctly some years ago Ferrari were miffed because the Peugeot 406 coupe looked like a straight copy of one of their models. What goes around comes around.
Perhaps that is why Skoda owners are happy owners as the advertisemnts say?

Pug 406 Coupe was designed by Pininfarina who also happened to design quite a few Ferrari models.

design-concept-307cc.jpg
slk350-small.jpg

* OK, not really! ;)

I'm sure you could fit the front bumper from the Peugeot if you like the look!:devil:

Okay, I will put an end to this...

"Now I can see where EVERY manufacturer got their inspiration from":

2009-02-26-1886karlbenzpatentmotorwagenfront.jpg

Think of all the features that MB have made over the years which have been copied by all manufacturers eh?

Last edited:
Okay, I will put an end to this...

"Now I can see where EVERY manufacturer got their inspiration from":

2009-02-26-1886karlbenzpatentmotorwagenfront.jpg

Think of all the features that MB have made over the years which have been copied by all manufacturers eh?

yep.... damn straight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom