So I watched this lady top up her oil.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I made the other mistake, I taught my daughter the mechanics of her car so she understood everything, how the components interacted what was critical and non critical, all about the fluids and top up and keeping on top of things. When she got the VW Beetle I showed her how to use the diagnostics and now she's a bloody expert in VAGCOM. The car only has to be perceived to not be running correctly and its plugged in, usually followed by "Dad can you just check xxx for me" Got to say though 9 times out of 10 she's right. Keeps me busy though :D

Much like a bloke adding conditioner to a washing machine then. And lets not start on the tricky subject of cleaning the oven- we'd have to go on a course for that one !

Much like a bloke adding conditioner to a washing machine then.

I am an equal opportunity incompetent. Lord knows how but I managed to fill the conditioner tray with bleach (big bright yellow bottle) rather than conditioner (big clear bottle with blue liquid). Certainly improved the white wash at the cost of a certain aroma.

I wonder if she bought Xtra Virgin oil!

How much does she put on in the end? I gave up after eleven litres.:D

I have actually stopped a 'mature' lady after seeing her pour water into her engine oil filler!

Some years back I remember someone filling a radiator with petrol by mistake (from a jerry can in the garage), with predictably bad results.

Someone I worked with was an IAM member and considered herself a bit of a dab hand at mechanics but ended up with serious upper body scalds after whipping the radiator cap straight off her MGB after a run.

Careful not to stereotype.
Daughter no1 started her career working on Sea Harriers and move on to helicopters - supporting the sneaky beakies in Afghanistan.
She 'does up' original minis in her spare time (she doesn't have much of it these days) and is every bit as competent as any home mechanic I have known.
Having said that she isn't above using her feminine charms to persuade the weaker sex to help her when she needs their assistance.

Careful not to stereotype.
Daughter no1 started her career working on Sea Harriers and move on to helicopters - supporting the sneaky beakies in Afghanistan.
She 'does up' original minis in her spare time (she doesn't have much of it these days) and is every bit as competent as any home mechanic I have known.
Having said that she isn't above using her feminine charms to persuade the weaker sex to help her when she needs their assistance.

Good for Her, she sounds like the sort of Daughter we would all like to have.:thumb::thumb:

BAZZER1

Hmmmmm..........

The liquid looks too non-viscous to be engine oil and why was a camera set up record it?

I'm calling BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom