so pleased!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luton Town

Car
A45 and loving it.
26458301000_69604bdc31_c.jpg

Post her in the Top Totty Thread. Go on, go on I dare ya!!!

That looks awesome but some more details of what was done and costs would be excellent.

A really superb job, it will be a shame to drive it in our crappy climate at the moment.

Phwoar, total p0rn!!! :thumb:
Now that is certainly the way to showcase the professional detailer's art. How could you ever get tired of staring at that? I'm guessing choosing the Siramik 2-stage sealant pushed you close to four figures but considering you saved £400 from the stealer's Supagard upsell, I think it was worth every penny. If you haven't got one already, I suggest you invest in a snow foam lance and stick to the 2-bucket wash system to minimise contact with the coating. Of course if you just go out after the rain and apply the brakes sharply all the water and crud should just slip off :D

yes mate will be doing the 2 bucket method and the shampoo and bits he suggested I get from another website carpro is the stuff I believe it's called.

Last edited:
Looks amazing! Any wetsanding involved at all, I can't see any orange peel which comes standard nowadays!

yes mate will be doing the 2 bucket method and the shampoo and bits he suggested I get from another website carpro is the stuff I believe it's called.

He is probably referring to Carpro Reset. It is a pH-neutral shampoo specifically formulated for nanotechnology coatings. It is quite economical to use as it dilutes at 500:1 and can also be used as a snow foam.

Obviously the 3-year guarantee of the SiRamik coating requires the best minimal touch washing regime so give some consideration to your wash mitt. The acknowleged gold standard is a lambswool mitt sufficiently shaggy for any dirt to be drawn up into it and away from the paint surface. The downside is that being a natural skin, it is high maintenance if you want it to last. I prefer the German-made Microfibre Madness Incredimitt for less hassle:Microfiber Madness Incredimitt | Premium Microfibre Wash Mitt

Don't know if Unique Detail inspired you sufficiently to invest in a pair of dedicated wash buckets with Grit Guards rather than just a couple of cheapo builders buckets from B & Q but if you do decide to go down that road you may want to consider adding a "Washboard" to the Grit Guard system. This is used to aid the removal of the grit from your wash mitt. You can get them here:
Grit Guard Washboard
If you use the code DW4U at Checkout you will get 5% off. Delivery is free when you spend over £75 which, when you are an O.C.D. (Obsessive Car Detailer), becomes a trifling amount. It's as addictive as crack cocaine, the habit costs as much to maintain but is a lot healthier for you :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom