SO SAABs are dull boring GM blobs eh!

Do you like the concept SAAB

• YES Hubba Hubba

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • NO get it off my screen

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought that it was noce until I saw the roof picture... really what were they thinking ?

996jimbo said:
Sterling!

sterling4-broadside.jpg

i used to see loads of these around.. in orange, all you need is a brick as a mobile phone and listen to Duran Duran..:D

Edit:.. ha ha i started replying before the image came on screen!!

??

Attachments

• bondbug09.jpg
    bondbug09.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 34
blassberg said:
I am a Saab fan since I had a 9000CSE. The traffic parted like waves, such was the respect.
The Daddy - a technical tour de force

S99T.jpg

Water injection added another 25 bhp and whilst 0 - 60 in under 8 secs doesn't sound much nowadays, 60 - 90 in under 6.5 secs really made the eyes water back in 1979. :D I'd buy another tomorrow if I could get a good 'un!

:D Nice!

After seven years and 60k miles, my 99T spontaneousy combusted (electrics) and was replaced by a 900 T16S. On paper, bigger figures all round, but in practice, too soft and no thrills.

The 99 was for diehards: no power steering which in conjunction with brutal torque steer and easy wheelspin in third at 40 mph just as the turbo kicked in - all contrived to send you into the scenery unless you truly hung on!

A superbly underdeveloped and gloriously flawed car - the gearbox disintegrated, the engine mountings sheared, it constantly overheated, plumbing for hydraulic clutch fell apart resulting in a mind-concentrating drive home (deliberately stalling to stop, winding it back into action on the starter motor, subsequent gear changes - oooh, I can still hear those sounds today...)

I could shred the front Pirellis in a month of spirited motoring and was lucky to get 20 mpg ever! At five years old, it was riddled with rust!

...and you think I could get a good 'un????? :D

Floyd fans might enjoy this: http://hawkshead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/99turbo.wmv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom