So sad - one of our dogs passed away

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
This is a note to dog lovers and apologies to those that are not..

some of you will know we have 2 lovable pugs - ... sadley last night Bruno passed away with no apparant cause - we were out with friends and returned home to find his lifeless little body on the kitchen floor. My wife found him first and was/ is distraught. We buried him today and will miss him terribly & yes he was the "feisty" one. Sorry to mention this on on New Years Eve but we just had to share our grief - it helps

Happy New Year to one and all nevertheless ..

So sorry to hear that Mapleleaf pets are a very big part of a family once again sorry to hear your bad news

Sorry to hear of your news, my dog is more like my son so can understand how hard this time is.

Truley sorry to hear this Mapleleaf. As other dog owners do, I share a little of your grief on Bruno's passing. Easy for me to say but, give time time.

Quiet Best Wishes for 2011 to you and Soly.

Last edited:
Have a good blub. I recall visiting the local vets with a friend who needed some flea treatment (edit - for her dog!), and there was an immensely grand family swathed in minks bawling their eyes out as their terrier had just been put to sleep. Even the chauffeur (who looked like a bouncer) was in tears. Pugs are great characters, think of him in a happy place.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this Steve. I knew the little blighter slightly, such a fun dog. Just remember the good times you had with him. Would you tell Soly we are thinking of her.

Ian and Bev

mib3.jpg
mib3.jpg
http://www.124works.com/pictures/mib3.jpg
mib3.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how you must feel.
We lost our Yorkie, "Bouncer" earlier this year. She was 16.
Good old age for a dog and she had a good life.

Sorry to hear your loss. My parents lost their dog a few months ago in front of their eyes on a walk. Sad times, but try and dwell on the happy memories.

David

I sympathise with your loss, I truly understand the loss of a pet and the gaping hole it can leave, take care, J.

We had to have our dog, Samson, put down on Monday. He had three strokes in the space of a few hours and it was soul destroying to see him...
My thoughts are with you because we are going through this right now aswell mate

Sorry to hear of your loss . Dogs are great friends to have , and as individual as people . You cant replace them , but in time you may find another loving pet.

Sorry to hear this. It's been over 15 years since I lost my dog and I couldn't bring myself to get another, but you never forget the joy they bring to your life.

Such sad news - sorry to hear this. We had a dog last year which we had to put down through ill health. Still think about him now, so I appreciate how much they mean to you.

We had to have our dog, Samson, put down on Monday. He had three strokes in the space of a few hours and it was soul destroying to see him...

Sorry to hear your sad news too sweetpea :(

Many Many thanks for all your kind words - its really appreciated. Bruno was just 6 years old - We have his uncle Samson our 8 year old pug to help us through though.

here is a picture of Bruno taken a few days ago

bruno-RIPx.jpg

Someone gave me some words once when I had to have our Rosie put to sleep. 12 months plus now and I'm still not over it. The words did not help one bit at the time but others may find some solace in them.

If it be I go frail and weak
And pain should wake me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can not be won

You will be sad, I understand
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day more than all the rest
Your love and friendship must stand the test

I know in time you too will see
It's kindness that you do to me
Although my tail, its last has waved
From pain and suffering I've been saved

Do not grieve that it should be you
Who has to decide this thing to do
We've been so close, we two, these years
What is to come will hold no fears

You'll not want me to suffer so
Now it's time, please let me go
We've had so many happy years
Don't let your heart hold too many tears

Im so sorry to hear of your loss, its coming close to the second anniversary of my family losing are golden retriever Holly. We lost her fairly quickly too so it came as a shock, but i see it as it was kinda nice that she didnt suffer for a long time. Also thinkin of the 10years of happiness we had with her, that always cheers me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom