So so excited

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyc280

Car
1997 C280 V6 Elegance Auto Facelift. 1992 Kawasaki ZZR1100 C3
Well I've had many Saab's Volvo's Mercedes etc etc over the years but am far far more excited about picking up my pristine C280 today from Essex than ever before. I'm 56 soon for god's sake and feel like a little kid Ha. Think it must be the change of life or something. This car really is in amazing condition for its age (1997) and can't wait to get it home to fiddle and pamper it. It's Auto obviously with grey leather and in dark blue. I know i'm not going to get many mpg from it but will be doing about 50-75 miles a week in it so it's not going to cost me a fortune. Well i'm off to catch 5 different trains from Leicester to get to my destination so wish me luck.Happy motoring folks.

Not a lot beats the excitment of collecting a car, new or used!

I was the same when I picked my used Mercedes up. Still get excited when I look down the bonnet and see that badge.....I'm 43!!!! Lol

See my post elsewhere. Lovely cars the W202's in C280 V6 form. I've had mine 5 years, only got 68k, runs like a dream and passed its MOT on Saturday with no advisories. Fabulous cars and brilliant value for money. Enjoy it and look after it !

Well I've had many Saab's Volvo's Mercedes etc etc over the years but am far far more excited about picking up my pristine C280 today from Essex than ever before. I'm 56 soon for god's sake and feel like a little kid Ha. Think it must be the change of life or something. This car really is in amazing condition for its age (1997) and can't wait to get it home to fiddle and pamper it. It's Auto obviously with grey leather and in dark blue. I know i'm not going to get many mpg from it but will be doing about 50-75 miles a week in it so it's not going to cost me a fortune. Well i'm off to catch 5 different trains from Leicester to get to my destination so wish me luck.Happy motoring folks.

Good luck with your new car Tony. :thumb:

I'm a little envious because I have to wait till Thursday to collect my new car, an R230 SL500 which is also in tansanite blue with blue leather interior.

Fortunately I only have to take two trains out to Kent but I know what your anticipation is like, and oh I'm 43 and this will be my first MB. :D

Good luck with your new car Tony. :thumb:

I'm a little envious because I have to wait till Thursday to collect my new car, an R230 SL500 which is also in tansanite blue with blue leather interior.

Fortunately I only have to take two trains out to Kent but I know what your anticipation is like, and oh I'm 43 and this will be my first MB. :D

I know that feeling of picking up an SL500..
I did it once..
Watch when you park up to a wall.. The bonnet is far longer than you think.. Many times I nonchalantly pulled into a car park leaving what I thought was a good 2 foot gap only to discover I was an inch or two from impact with the wall !!

Well picked her up and she was gleaming in the sunshine and i thought wow what a stunning elegant car. Drove her home on the M25 and M1 and set the cruise to 70 and not a sound from anything and classic FM on the radio. Sun shining, What more could a man want?. Hope to fit new radio tomorrow as it has a radio/cassette and have thrown all my old cassettes away, Damn. The bulb light is on in the car so that's the first job for tomorrow finding which one has gone. Its actually on when the lights are turned off for some reason so some investigating tomorrow. Well thanks all for the replies to my little thread and happy polishing and fettling. Tony.

Thanks Chappies for all your replies. Very welcoming indeed.

I,m 53 and went through the same experience 2 weeks ago, hey we work hard, why not vist our youth again, enjoy mate, put some pics up if you can would like to see the car.

Why don't you all grow up ....it's just a car for goodness sake !

only joking enjoy your car Toney as we all do , well most of the time !:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom