So So tempted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyc280

Car
1997 C280 V6 Elegance Auto Facelift. 1992 Kawasaki ZZR1100 C3
Well i'm enjoying immensely my c280 but there's some great deals on some CLK 55's and boy do i want one. I don't do many miles so fuel costs not a problem and their only a few MPG down on my C280 any way. Oh what to do. Tony.

Just go to Auto Trader mate. Someone has paid 50 K depreciation on these beauties so mere mortals like myself can afford one !

You'll notice the fuel bill rise.....!!! You may only do a few miles a year but that will change once you get into an AMG!!! Any excuse to drive it!!

Think I'll have a look at my Pension Fund!

Once my NCB returns to normal i will most definatly be looking at one of these as i usually only do about 1-2k per year away from the company motor!

Tony.

Once my NCB returns to normal i will most definatly be looking at one of these as i usually only do about 1-2k per year away from the company motor!

Tony.
At that low mileage why don't you just hire a decent motor when you feel the need?

At that low mileage why don't you just hire a decent motor when you feel the need?

I considered this when I lived in London. I mostly walked/biked/tubed to work and had a classic (or banger depending on your viewpoint) car for shopping etc but wanted something modern&special for occasional weekends away, visiting friends around the country etc.

In the end it boiled down to convenience - there was no way I would be bothered to book a car, arrange to finish work early to collect, travel to pick it up etc. Plus any busy times the hire firm were bound to be fully booked up (eg bank holiday weekends).

Settled on a used CLK320 at the time only intending to keep it for a year but ended up keeping it for 6 years I enjoyed it so much. Probably less cost effective than hiring for the usage it got but great having it there to use whenever.

Hahaha, I say go for it...

I had a 4.7ltr V8 previously and didn't mind 13MPG as I only drove 10 miles per day going to work and back. I bought the CLK240 and get around 26mpg which is double but I miss the noise.

Work has been busy recently so I've decided to sell the CLK after getting it MoT'd next month and looking at a new toy...

The CL500 or ideally... CL600... :D

In the end it boiled down to convenience - there was no way I would be bothered to book a car, arrange to finish work early to collect, travel to pick it up etc. Plus any busy times the hire firm were bound to be fully booked up (eg bank holiday weekends).

When I have hired cars the hire company always delivers to the door and collects at my convenience, all I had to do was ring and pay, there is no going to the companies to pick up any more.

Granted if you wanted something very special on a bank holiday you might have to think ahead a few weeks, but I have never found a lack of stock being a problem.

I havenyetmto see more than 12mpg round London out of either of my C43's.

Mind you I do live next to a long tunnel which makes it hard to go easy on the heavy pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom