So the NIP arrived.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chattonmill

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E55 AMG
Through the window on the envelope you can see the words 'Notice of intend....' arrgghhh:crazy:
So you open the envelope thinking oh well points and a fine.....
Then you notice the Time and date......:bannana:
Then you remember her words to you last time out.....'You drive too fast':bannana:
Cue the start of glorious gloating as you ask just how many points she has now....followed by the waving of a clean license:p

The you remember who's premiums will be going up on all cars.....:doh:

Oh well it was fun whilst it lasted:eek:

What's the offence, out of interest? Or is that legally privileged information? :D

Exceeding the 30mph speed limit.....
She said she didn't realise that it was a 30 and that they were unlucky to catch her at just 37!

So she was doing 70 before then? :D

I don't know, these oblivious Mercedes drivers....

That is why she doesn't drive the Merc that often, being overtaken by a chaved up car seems to invoke an involuntary twitch causing the right foot to over extend......
She was in the Golf!

If... the points are her first, your lady may get offered the Speed Awareness Course, in which case no increased premium :thumb:

If... the points are her first, your lady may get offered the Speed Awareness Course, in which case no increased premium :thumb:
Very unlikely to get a premium increase if first points, but IMO a speed awareness course and no points is definitely a better outcome (although the course fee is generally more than the fine).

Whole cans of worms opened on the premium increase scenario, BTB500, as I think individuals mileage may vary on this.

As to cost of the course, mine (oops) was the same as the fine. However factor in loss of holiday time and transport to and from the education centre and the price is somewhat more than the fine.

And it's the single most painfully boring day you'll (hopefully) ever have to suffer through.

I got lucky in this case, my course was only 3 hours :bannana:

And I didn't find it boring... some bits were quite interesting - particularly the bits where they broke down the speeding advert and explained about how signage is intended to work.

Well, the plus factor is that if they offer the course I could make her go on it, but she already has points. So I can't even call her pointless:rolleyes:
The downside is that she would endlessly quote the course when she wants me to slow down:wallbash:

Ah, mind you but some areas allow you a course if the points were some years ago :rolleyes:

And if your lady is like mine, at least the nagging will have some foundation in future :D

Whole cans of worms opened on the premium increase scenario, BTB500, as I think individuals mileage may vary on this.

As to cost of the course, mine (oops) was the same as the fine. However factor in loss of holiday time and transport to and from the education centre and the price is somewhat more than the fine.

Yup I'm sure it varies a bit from one insurance company to the next, but AFAIK there are very few that weight for a single speeding conviction?

Mrs BTB did a speed awareness course last year and it was more than the fine ... £75 or so I think. I'm sure they do vary by region, but still better than points!

BTW for Thames Valley Police the maximum speeds for being offered a course are:

30 limit: 39 mph
40 limit: 50 mph
50 limit: 61 mph
60 limit: 72 mph
70 limit: 83 mph

Above those you will automatically get points.

What really gets her goat is when the 3 year old says 'Daddy goes at the national speed limit' Not quite sure where he got that one from, but I am not discouraging it!

What really gets her goat is when the 3 year old says 'Daddy goes at the national speed limit' Not quite sure where he got that one from, but I am not discouraging it!

SWMBO is always on at me for being an "old woman" regarding speed cameras and parking restrictions.

So guess who's got the points and the parking tickets.....?

SWMBO is always on at me for being an "old woman" regarding speed cameras and parking restrictions.

So guess who's got the points and the parking tickets.....?

You ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom